| FTBL Lars Anderson , RE: Next Season- "Saban is PISSED"

Reaction score

"To me, we kind of have the Alabama factor around here that has always helped us be successful," Saban said. "That’s having a team that plays with a lot of discipline, that’s having a team that everybody sort of is responsible and accountable to do their job at a high level and a standard and everybody puts the team first, aight. So, that’s the standard. It’s up to the individual players to do that. And if I thought that we weren’t doing that in one game or 10 games, I would address it with the players and make sure that everybody was on board with those principles and values that’s helped us be successful.

"And I don’t think we played in that game with the Alabama factor. So, everybody needs to understand that and respond to it. If you lose your humility, it sort of creates, ‘I’m above doing things the way I need to do them to prepare for a game and go play in a game against good competition. And if I put my own agenda ahead of the team or winning, it’s going to have some effect on my performance.’ So, if I think those things are existing in the program, I think that they need to be addressed. And they have been.”

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score

"To me, we kind of have the Alabama factor around here that has always helped us be successful," Saban said. "That’s having a team that plays with a lot of discipline, that’s having a team that everybody sort of is responsible and accountable to do their job at a high level and a standard and everybody puts the team first, aight. So, that’s the standard. It’s up to the individual players to do that. And if I thought that we weren’t doing that in one game or 10 games, I would address it with the players and make sure that everybody was on board with those principles and values that’s helped us be successful.

"And I don’t think we played in that game with the Alabama factor. So, everybody needs to understand that and respond to it. If you lose your humility, it sort of creates, ‘I’m above doing things the way I need to do them to prepare for a game and go play in a game against good competition. And if I put my own agenda ahead of the team or winning, it’s going to have some effect on my performance.’ So, if I think those things are existing in the program, I think that they need to be addressed. And they have been.”
Well, he did replace almost every assistant on his staff. That was a good place to start.

50+yeartidefan

Bama Club
Reaction score
And nick really has to come up with something positive outta a lose like this...
Something to put back for motivation.....

No Huddle

Sideline Club
Reaction score
That type of loss will stick with you and motivate you in the off season.

rammerjammer

Gump 4ever
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
One of my buddies from church had lunch with Jeremiah Castille last week. Said they talked at length about everything and JC had some interesting points. Stated that this loss has re-energized Saban and it is apparently evident in everyone around the program. (ie Lars tweet) I don't know the context in which this was being said, but Castille went on to say that he says Saban staying several more years as the HC.

Castille has connections with some of the ancillary staff at Clemson and he said they spent most of the month prepping for us and not Notre Dame. Certainly looked like it on the field.

50+yeartidefan

Bama Club
Reaction score
One of my buddies from church had lunch with Jeremiah Castille last week. Said they talked at length about everything and JC had some interesting points. Stated that this loss has re-energized Saban and it is apparently evident in everyone around the program. (ie Lars tweet) I don't know the context in which this was being said, but Castille went on to say that he says Saban staying several more years as the HC.

Castille has connections with some of the ancillary staff at Clemson and he said they spent most of the month prepping for us and not Notre Dame. Certainly looked like it on the field.
Clemson did a greatjob of scouting Bama Offense...
And bama missed and clemson picked on....
On most every possession Tua will try to go deep....
Burned em once.... they kept a saftey in position for it after.....
And hurt us both times....especially in the second quarter when bama had a very promising drive...saftey got the int and returned it 40-50 yards....

Top Bottom