• Guest Holiday graphics can be disabled in your preferences. Happy Holidays!

| NEWS Lane Kiffin named head football coach at Ole Miss

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
IMO, he did a decent job with the sanctions the NCAA leveled on Ole Miss. The reality is this is a business and the new AD wanted to make a change. Rich Rod and Mike McIntyre we’re both on staff so they could get the nod. Doesn’t make sense to me to fire the guy this year but Indont have a dog in the fight.

Elderfalsedemigod

Not an alter...maybe an altar
Century Club
Reaction score
I can only tell y'all what I hear over here in the 'Sip.

Consensus has been that Luke was not an HC. I have been told by at least 3 separate folks that it was basically coach by committee and Luke would take the option that got the most support. Was told that on 4 occasions Luke texted his father during a game to ask what he should do.

Allegedly there were quite a few discipline issues behind the scenes that were not handled well at all. I've had 3 different folks text me today saying they owed it to Elijah Moore's idiocy as the final straw and they seem happy.

This is my opinion, who the hell are they going to get? Consensus seems to be Norvell from Memphis and they will give him 4-4.5 mil per. WAOM indeed. 🤣

Bama Club
Reaction score
I would bet Norvell is at the top of their list.

rammerjammer

Gump 4ever
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).

Rumor on the radio yesterday is, FSU has their sights set on Norvell. If it's a choice between those two, then it's a no brainer. ACC way easier to win in, as opposed to the SEC West. Enough talent in state at Florida that he would never have to leave the confines of the state to have enough talent to win.

Reaction score
So Butch Jones not even getting mention for Mizzou or Ole Missy. He may have to go back North to some job like Rutgers......wait

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
Bama Club
Reaction score
Finebaum talk. Eli Manning to ole sis. Peyton would be OC.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: #80

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
I honestly would think Kiffin would know better than take Ole Miss. They have delusions of grandeur that do not match their ability at all.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
On the other hand we have seen Mississippi State make it all the way to #1 in the playoff rankings. We've seen Arkansas put together 10 win season featuring offense and offense alone.

There are two things that draw my attention here. I can't speak for the relationship between Lane and his brother but one would think he'd consider they used Chris as a scapegoat with their Freeze fiasco. He ended up with a two year show cause. But, that may mean little to Lane.

Secondly, if what I'm hearing is true and Lane had decided to bring Lance with him? There are a few "skirts" around The Grove, ya know? Much like Mike Price enjoyed the benefit of "what happens in Pullman, stays in Pullman" I can see Lane and Lance having the same freedom.

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
There are a lot more skirts to chase where he is now I would think. But he might run more risk where he is now too so...

Top Bottom