| FTBL Kiffin is putting together a pretty good staff at Ole Miss.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
I'm pretty confident Kiffin will do well. He's going to recruit really well... He can score points... And has the weird "it" factor going for him that will buy him some cache in the national media. 2-3-4 years down the road, with hopefully Saban still here, that Ole Miss game will be a lot tougher.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
he will be the one to be a thorn.

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
Bama Club
Reaction score
If I remember right he was a thorn in his first year at tin-r-c. That was a hard fought win.

Vabama77

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Recruiting and competitive wise , he'll be a bigger thorn in Lsu's side than ours.

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
I got a feeling Joey Freshwater is going to make Ole Miss a thorn in Alabama's side again.

94 Grad

Century Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I agree...

actually think Ole Miss is a perfect match for Kiffin and if he’s learned to keep a “lower” head in the media he may take that program to new heights. I always thought he’d end up at aU and I’m glad that didn’t happen, but Ole Miss is a better match for him and that worries me long term.

I’ve watched the guy from TN to USC to Bama to FAU... he’s grown and learned from each position and applied those lessons. He’s not perfect by any means, but of all of Saban’s assistants, I think he’s learned the most.

To be honest... Big “O” at LSU, Fisher at aTm, Kirby att uGA, Mullen at uF and Pruitt at 10rc... Kiffin at Ole Miss worries me the most.

Last edited:

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
I think OM will be better under Kiffin but hard for me to ever see them as a real sustainable threat. That is based my historical perspective of OM. No different that MSU, Kentucky, Vandy etc.... Just not a major sustainable threat. Freeze had good years but it was based on corrupt recruiting which in the end was not sustainable.

bama alum

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Hiring DJ Durkin is raising some eyebrows. I guess Kiffin's already starting his version of a coaching rehab program.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Mario Cristobal would like to have a conversation. ;) A few others are saying, "wait a second."

Remember this statement. I've heard there's a chance we might see eyebrows raised at UA with possibile incoming staff member.

-----

One thing I think should be cleared up a bit with regard to Ole Miss, Kiffin, and the new hires. It's my suggestion don't buy into a line I've heard about how coaches respect Kiffin and want to work with him and that's the reason we're seeing some recognizable names linked to Oxford. Jimmy Sexton is doing his work through what I'd call an intermediary. Sexton, through Ed Marynowitz, is leading/advising the construction of the Ole Miss staff.

Don't misunderstand that ... pretty smart move by Kiffin and Sexton in my opinion.

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
Bama Club
Reaction score
Kiffin has started running his mouth with terrible talk about Saban.

Rolltide24

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
Mario lost to the Barn too this year. :oops: But yeah, he did pretty well otherwise Considering he was in the PAC 12 with a solid QB.

bradenob

Extra Point Club
Reaction score
Agreed - unless Kiffin cheats, I don't see him getting a great deal of the Miss. players to stay in state - Saban and Orgeron are both great recruiters with better programs, and Kiffin will also divvy the remaining players with A&M, ucheat, and Miss State. In dividing those up, I don't see a lot of talent available in state. In the end, it's so much about the Jimmy's and the Joe's. I don't see him competing well to get players to come from out of state to play for Ole Miss either, so in the end, despite a good staff, I see them as moderately competitive in the future, but never upper echelon.

Top Bottom