| MBB/WBB Kansas State @ Kansas game brawl

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Goodness. Looks like more Kansas players an Kansas State players.

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Reaction score
What's the over/under on how many from each team to get suspended/dismissed?

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
The looks on the faces of those in attendance. Amazing how quick people are with their cameras these days, it's the last thing on my mind.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
This kinda nonsense doesn't belong in college athletics, the termination of scholarships is how this should be handled.

You know damn well this happens in the real world, your done. You want to fight people, find a job doing that...

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
De Sousa (22 for Kansas) should done in college. He got stripped while trying to dribble out time, then made the layup block, which is a great recovery by him. But then he stands over the other guy mouthing off. Fine, smack talk happens, especially when you recover like that. Then the fight starts (have not seen/heard who threw the first punch yet but reports of some say he stomped on the guy). 22 gets pulled back at one point and comes back into it. He grabs a chair over his head. I see him being all over in the videos I have seen from the sideline.

Remember, De Sousa was suspended for 2 years recently (lessened to one year on appeal) for taking money to play so this is his first year back. This was one of those "Cam Newton" things.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Way they grew up playing......fights on city courts....middle school courts....high school courts.... just is there in some and pops out .....

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I wonder how this affects K State in our game Saturday with them?

I lay blame on officials more than anything. I didn’t watch the game, but I can say from experience as a player and as a coach, emotions like this don’t just happen from one play. It is an accumulation of rough fouls/non calls that the Stripes let go until the boiling point is reached. My dad officiated for 44 years and he will tell you that if you let it go early, it is hard to reel back in late. You have to take control early, even if it means making an example out of a few with T’s or even an ejection.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
The kid with the stood be one to be suspended !!

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
True!! In my 26 years in education, it’s the parents that have changed for the worse, not the kids. Kids will do what you let them get away with. Problem is, schools are hamstrung in dishing out discipline because these same parents that allow their kids to act like animals, then get pissy when you go to punish them.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
From a rule standpoint I understand those leaving the bench only get ejected. Only a technical foul was assessed, that against Kansas.

By rule, it shouldn't affect Kansas State at all.

It is there a rule that all ejections are subject to review by conference officials?

The video is a real melee and it's hard to identify players without looping the video in slow motion.

I suspect it's all up to the conference.

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
@TerryP I wonder with the melee occurring after the game IF the conference might look at this a little bit different than say at the 5 minute mark in the first or second half.

Top Bottom