| FTBL Justin Fields leaving Flowbee Cut and Athens to transfer to Ohio State

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Tate Martell is a cocky little asshole. I love the cocky ones that simply can't break through. Came from Bishop Gorman in Nevada and just thinks he's better than everyone, kind of like Josh Rosen.

PurlJam

Century Club
Reaction score
Tate Martell is a cocky little asshole. I love the cocky ones that simply can't break through. Came from Bishop Gorman in Nevada and just thinks he's better than everyone, kind of like Josh Rosen.
In all fairness, he probably was better than everyone... in Nevada, in a 3am bars closing time kind of way. :p

Sid Youngleman

Scapegrace
Sideline Club
Reaction score
Incredibly unfortunate timing for Fields. He could have polished his faking under the master -- punt, heart condition, whatever.

Reactions: T&B
Reaction score
JMO but Fields is one of the most hyped 5*'s that did Nothing in 2018 that screamed stardom other than run his mouth. Hell he didn't even match Mack Jones stats. He is perfect for OSU. That bunch will be digging for Urban within 3 years.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
I think he could do better!

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
JMO but Fields is one of the most hyped 5*'s that did Nothing in 2018 that screamed stardom other than run his mouth.
Run his mouth? Hmm.

I caught a clip on ESPN, somewhere, and I believe it was after the South Carolina game where he was talking to a team member after the game about the plays he'd ran. Is that what you're pointing to with that comment?

He's not been a public smack talker type of guy that I've seen.

Reaction score
JMO but Fields is one of the most hyped 5*'s that did Nothing in 2018 that screamed stardom other than run his mouth.
Run his mouth? Hmm.

I caught a clip on ESPN, somewhere, and I believe it was after the South Carolina game where he was talking to a team member after the game about the plays he'd ran. Is that what you're pointing to with that comment?

He's not been a public smack talker type of guy that I've seen.
If the NCAA grants this guy a waiver then anybody should be able to transfer and play the same year. The old "but somebody said something bad about me" BS shouldn't get you anything.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
@JoseyWalesTheOutlaw, we'll have to see how that plays out. I've seen nothing about how he's going to approach this yet. Have you? I've certainly seen my share of speculation, including the racial based complaint based, but haven't seen anything from his camp.

I caught a Tweet earlier today, from one of the national writers, the suggested we're looking at an off-season of attorneys.

Reaction score
Kirby losing really good players (not QB's that might be good)

Ridley,Nauta,Hardman and Holyfield all going early to the NFL and TE Luke Ford is transferring ...

Adversity in Athens....lets see how Kirby handles

Last edited:

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
@JoseyWalesTheOutlaw, Jimbo Fisher called him out for lying to recruits (QB) in a news conference the other day. That shouldn't be a secret here because it's been talked about a long time. He's stepping on toes clumsily.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
@JoseyWalesTheOutlaw, we'll have to see how that plays out. I've seen nothing about how he's going to approach this yet. Have you? I've certainly seen my share of speculation, including the racial based complaint based, but haven't seen anything from his camp.

I caught a Tweet earlier today, from one of the national writers, the suggested we're looking at an off-season of attorneys.
If there was an issue, it should have been dealt with immediately....not waited until the season completed.

sk33tr

el jefe
Bama Club
Reaction score
If the NCAA grants this guy a waiver then anybody should be able to transfer and play the same year. The old "but somebody said something bad about me" BS shouldn't get you anything.
the only thing i ever heard about anyone saying anything bad came from a fan in the stands; not from a coach. if that's true, he can't claim it was racially motivated due to someone inside the program.

a player may not want to go up against a coach for saying something (which i would never understand, though, if you value yourself as a human being). but to run out like that because another student may have said something? sack up and stand up for yourself and stop being a little bitch about it.

i think there are other issues at hand that is causing him to leave. like maybe he isn't as good as the staff thought he was and he's hearing how much he won't be playing.

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Staff member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
the only thing i ever heard about anyone saying anything bad came from a fan in the stands; not from a coach. if that's true, he can't claim it was racially motivated due to someone inside the program.

a player may not want to go up against a coach for saying something (which i would never understand, though, if you value yourself as a human being). but to run out like that because another student may have said something? sack up and stand up for yourself and stop being a little bitch about it.

i think there are other issues at hand that is causing him to leave. like maybe he isn't as good as the staff thought he was and he's hearing how much he won't be playing.
I think the transfers and, to a lesser degree, the early entrants represent players' realizations that the gospel of Kirby is less gospel and more Dianetics...

Top Bottom