| FTBL Just how bad was DJ Uiagalelei under pressure last year? It's eye-popping borderline horrible.

SoCalPatrick

Sideline Club
And these are ACC ranks.
FSFj84FXEAAUKXX

BamaFan334

Scholarship Club
@ ND and home vs Miami....

Dont see much else in way....

But to have a great season...a QB has to emerge....and lots of coaching changes to recover from

A telling year for Dabo n Clemson

They love slipping up against a Pitt or NC State type team. Talent wise they should go undefeated, should have last year, and the year before, but it ain't easy, even in the weak ACC.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
They love slipping up against a Pitt or NC State type team. Talent wise they should go undefeated, should have last year, and the year before, but it ain't easy, even in the weak ACC.
True...we all seem to like slipping up against those types...hard to figure..

But...really...is ACC any weaker than SECe...

And as whole SEC isnt that strong except at very top...uga..bama...
See 3-4 losses every where you look
Florida..Tennessee...A$M ...lsu...
All should be ....but..........

c5vetman

Extra Point Club
his tv commercials disappeared as quickly as his Heisman hopes, too. You'd think his NIL benefits would take a massive hit... I wonder how that works, do the sponsors dump them as quickly as some players are to hit the portal?

bama alum

Scholarship Club
I wonder how that works, do the sponsors dump them as quickly as some players are to hit the portal?

I wonder that also...Did Milo's dump Bo Pix when he went to Oregon. I mean, who in Oregon has ever heard of Milo's? Does Jusaun Holt still have that...(I'm sure) great deal with Krystal after he left Bama?

BamaFan334

Scholarship Club
Does this say more about him or the coaching staff or both?

Throwing my hands up here, because I'm not sure. I personally don't think Trevor Lawrence ever progressed. He was already pretty polished and at 6'6 with a good arm he was able to camouflage a lot of bad decisions and not so great throws. His receivers bailed him out like crazy during his career. I still say it was Tee and Ross that beat us in the Natty, not Lawrence. So maybe it's coaching.

JoshB

Scholarship Club
NEAR same staff....LAST YEARS...that won 2 NCs....and produced 2 damn good QBs...one a first pick in nfl draft.l.bash

But @BamaFan334 ....It does take ateam full of talent....to win a NC....
But TL outta HS already polished enough? Really! Gotta give DABO n staff some credit....

Watson and Lawrence for stars almost right away. So, were that developed into what we saw from them? Like @BamaFan334 mentioned a lot of Lawrence was relying on his big arm and athleticism. We've sort of seen that in the NFL where he can't just chuck and pray anymore.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Johnny Manziel was a Heisman QB in College, now he plays for "Fan Controlled Football" and even sucks there.
So....

A lot of boys have exceptional talent...highly recruited ( guess Dabo haters wont give him credit for recruiting either)....

But still takes coaching..preparation...etc
And most will say...aboutthe jump from HS to college...speed of game is terrific...

But whatever....

Top Bottom