| FTBL Jaylen Waddle injury news

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
That's 1 way to look at it. But not exactly accurate.

Some gambles are much bigger than others.... Risk vs Reward is an important measurement.

Would be interested to hear what your buddy says his position was coming into the season. I agree he had a lot to prove, but anything outside the 1st round would quite shocking.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
In the game thread I mentioned that there was a possibility this was a spiral fracture and if that was the case it was going to be a mess down there. It was a mess down there.

The surgery went well as I mentioned, but that included two straps and multiple screws.

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
Reaction score
I mean gamble in the sense that nothing is really guaranteed, you're right that risk vs. reward is extremely important. We saw that play out with Tua last year. These guys are given a ton of feedback at the end of the year, more than any other CFB team. It's ultimately up to them and their families what to do with the info and recommendations, but they won't lack the resources and feedback at UA under Saban.

Tony will rate all the draft eligible players in the spring just based off his own reviews. I seem to remember him having Waddle outside round 1. But, his ranking and actual NFL scout rankings don't always match up. I do know that he's mentioned more recently that scouts had Smith rated a half round higher (which would tell me, they had Waddle in the mid-later part of round 1). Ja'Marr Chase is WR1 with most teams, even ahead of Smith, but that can change (plus as we have seen draft after draft, boards obviously differ from team to team).

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Chase can't hold a candle to Smith. I feel Davonta doesn't get the respect he deserves. It was Tylan Wallace, Coxie from Memphis, the guy from SMU, and even Olave from Ohio State. Smith is better than them all. Chase had one year where the entire offense had a big year, not just him.

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
As of now - ESPN (Kyper/McShay) have D. Smith as the 8th overall best and Waddle as 11th. Jamar Chase @ #4 for what it's worth

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Waddle got his smoke yesterday! Photo of him and a few Players lighting it up!!

im4uainva

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Just from my perspective...I tend to think that everyone that plays Bama, plays low-down dirty. As if, they sense that will be the best road to beating Bama. Then again, I see a lot of Bama's opponents having problems avoiding the 'I' bug after facing the Tsunami (unavoidable incident).

Roll Tide!

Justneedme81

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Saban said surgery went well. 6 to 8 weeks of recovery time before he start rehab heavily. Saban wouldn't rule him out for the season or wouldn't say he would be back. It just depend on how his rehab goes.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Weird luck with TN.

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Everyone who tackles at the college level wants to announce their presence with authority. I don’t think Waddle’s speed gives anyone time to think, “how can I tackle him dirty?”, versus “I really do not want to be part of a highlight reel.”

Top Bottom