| MBB/WBB Javian Davis has entered the transfer portal (Talk about roster turnover/change)

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Bama has 12 on scholarship right now. Only two were on Johnson's teams: Reese and Herb.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Nothing official though those around him feel he's gone.

I don't look at this transfer as something related to Petty. I believe it's playing time after seeing who is coming in.

Bama Club
Reaction score
I've said for months I don't see Petty getting drafted. I just looked at several mock drafts and none of those had him being selected.
The best ranking I could find for him was around 80. I understand his family situation he can go to Europe and get paid. I hope he stays if he goes I wish him all the luck in the world.

Last edited:

bradenob

Extra Point Club
Reaction score
I have NO IDEA what he can make in Europe, or even which leagues pay best. I don't know what kind of evaluator Oats is either. BUT...

Oats says Petty would benefit tremendously from coming back for another year, in his system, and that he believes if Petty continues to improve he could make the first round next year.

I have to wonder if this is similar to the situation in football with Ronnie Harrison. Harrison ended up starting a good bit of the year for the Jags, but they got him for 3rd round money. If he had stayed another year, the money, AND the guarantee, would have been a HUGE difference. Similarly, if Petty comes back, and plays well, and gets drafted later first round, I am sure the money for his family would be a tremendous difference.

One also has to ask how many that move forward early, and go the foreign league route, end up making good money in the NBA.

And finally, China virus has put such a wrench in things that it's hard to know what to think.

I also wish him the best in either regard, but I selfishly hope he comes back for another year, his degree, and a chance to raise his stock significantly.

Bama Club
Reaction score

There is no question he would benefit from another year. His first two years he was a caught and shoot player. Last year he was able to improve his game by scoring off his dribble and at the rim. The better players overseas in the best leagues can make $1-$4M range and more. Those salaries are tax free. I played with a few guys who played overseas when they were home in the off season here in Atlanta.

I bumped into Chuck Davis at a car wash a couple of years back ex-Bama player from Selma he told he was playing in Turkey. By the way he was dressed and the car he was driving he appeared to be doing well. Chuck had that sweet turn around jumper from the baseline.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Hadn't really thought about this before now. It has to factor into the decisions to go or stay. Maybe it will come down to what is the likelihood of having a college basketball season versus a pro season (even if international). No idea where that would land either way but someone out there is having to speculate and make a judgment call.

Justneedme81

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Well he has other mouths to feed. Supposedly have another baby on the way.

Top Bottom