| PRO Jalen Hurts Senior Bowl commemorative helmet will be ½ Bama, ½ OU

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Well done Jalen, well done. Was curious if he'd do this.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Proceeds going where, or to whom?

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
@Dan Walken - pretty sure Jalens situation is unique. How many other players be a 2 year starter and go 26-2 at one school and get replaced by a freshman in the championship game and lose his starting job? Then go onto to another school and lead them to the playoff. There is context here that can be used to not make this the norm.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Glad for him and what he did for Bama and the other one too!

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
Few (not sure how many) QB have a conference championship as a starter at multiple schools in multiple conferences. He seems to be the first to start playoff games at two different schools. His won a National Championship at one school (that he graduated from also) and came in second in Heisman voting at the other. Anyone questioning if they have to do it for every player who transfers is avoiding the obvious answer. Hurts is special in a ton of ways other transfers never will be.

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Hurts is a class young man. Its going to be kind of neat to see him with the Bama/OU helmet. Hopefully, this will not become a trend in the future.

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
I like Jalen... Just don't like the helmet thing. It's weird 🤷‍♂️

Bama Club
Reaction score
Truth be known I believe Jalen has far more Bama in him than Sooner. JMO.

Last edited:

BAMAneck

Extra Point Club
Reaction score
Peolpe who attend the game need to be cheering their ass off for this young-man . He did it all right with no public selfishness . His parents are probably so proud of the way things went down and their son shined when everyone was watching... kudos

sk33tr

el jefe
Bama Club
Reaction score
i will always respect Jalen for what he did for our program (yes, i say "our" because i have given to the program in the way of tickets, merchandise, and concessions...so there :p ).

he was a leader at 2 top-tier schools (kind of cringed a little bit when i typed that, tbh...considering the other one is...well, you know) and took both of them to the playoffs. i would much rather have seen them in the championship game than lsu. i would've actively cheered for him; and i hate he went out with a loss.

but i predict great things for his future and i honestly hope all of his dreams, and more, come true.

ROLL TIDE Jalen!!! you'll always be a part of BAMA and part of a legacy that you helped to build.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Very classy young man. Impressed me on and off the field. Most would not handle themselves with this much class had we lost our job the way Jaylen did. An impressive young man.

Bamabww

Bench Warmer
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Best of luck to Jalen.

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
I agree Jalen's situation is unique, in terms of the magnitude of his contributions to two schools. It's the Senior Bowl, which is, publicity-wise, the post-season equivalent to a minor league baseball team operating on a shoestring budget. The split helmet was done for publicity, and it's generating it.

RTR,

Tim

Reaction score
Jalen Hurts...

2016 NC runner up and SEC Champ
2017 NC
2018 NC runner up and SEC Champ
2019 Playoff team at OU

Dan Wolken….I don't know of any accomplishments ..

Coach Bryant take on sportswriters

1579786895898.png

Top Bottom