FTBL Jalen Hurts----Not Colin Kaepernick---Is QB We Should Celebrate

Elderfalsedemigod

Not an alter...maybe an altar
My fearless prediction

This thread will go downhill from here and I will probably contribute

{on Soapbox} It has become the norm that we as a society cannot simply compliment or praise someone. There has to be the counterpoint of a negative example also. Seeing it in the current Heisman campaign. Alabama fans feel they have to tear down Kyler Murray to build up Tua and Okie fans feel they have to belittle Tua's accomplishments to highlight Kyler's skills. Also we feel we must tell others how they should feel. In this case the article says "you should feel this way about this player but not about this other player". Why? Why can't we just offer our own praise and support to an individual and let it stand without declaring how others should also feel? {off Soapbox}

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Jeezus......so what if it was a political commentator with political aspirations making a point? Kaepernick was was raised by white parents in a much more privileged way than I or many others. He only discovered his blackness when he started sucking. He is no more than a heavily pigmented white guy. GTF over it.

West brought Kaepernick up because every SJW in the country was beating a drum about how "woke" he was and what a great guy he was. He is a tool, nothing more.
Why is it that is your go to? He was "raised by white people and they had money." So, you can't sympathize with those that didn't grow up with that same privilege (though I dont agree that just simply being raised by white people is somehow better but whatever)? You can disagree with him, you can disagree with his tactics but that is such a silly argument. I've never been black a day in my life but I have no problem sympathizing and supporting issues that black people (or other races) bring up.

And I want all the people that are loving this to have the same energy the next time an athlete recites a political opinion you dont like. Because you certainly didn't have that "keep the politics out of my football" energy you had for Kaep for West. Im just so shocked /s

XXL TideFan

Apparently I'm a Jackass
@BamaBoyJosh, I did not and still do not care about what he did or about the NFL at all. I agree with his right to do as he sees fit. He can burn the flag for all I care or urinate on it. That is why I served. He doesn't dishonor me if he doesn't stand for the anthem. I think he is a disingenuous turd and an attention whore that caused far more harm than good.

XXL TideFan

Apparently I'm a Jackass
I appreciate his words of praise for Jalen.

I don't understand why he felt the need to throw the thing about Kaepernick in there the way he did.

I don't see the correlation between the 2.
There is no comparison.. Jalen was an all class man who put his team first and Kapernick is a sorry loser who puts his interest before his teams and his country’s hero’s as he condones people to disrespect our military and its veterans
Being an equal opportunity asshole, I gotta point out that what Kaepernick did does not disrespect the military or its veterans. I refuse to recite the pledge of allegiance. After we invaded the mid east, it was a long time before I would stand for the anthem. Blind patriotism is a very dangerous thing.

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
@mrchase, Both are QB's that lost their starting jobs. One conducted himself with a bit of class and put team before self. The other appeared to contrive a reason to draw attention to himself. That's the comparison as I see it.
When did he begin his kneeling and when did he get benched?
Benched: 2015
Started protest: 2016, also won the starting job back in 2016. This is a inconvenient fact a lot of people like to "forget" when suggesting the real reason he isn't int he NFL anymore is because he was "bad." He had one of his better seasons in 2016 after winning the job back.

XXL TideFan

Apparently I'm a Jackass
I suspect that he isn't in the NFL for as much as negative attention as his skills. People voiced their displeasure with their dollars. The Revs Jackson and Sharpton opened the playbook and other people copied them. I suspect that a great deal of it is racial. Both ways. Kaepernick made it police brutality against black people not people.

Destiny's Child

It's Rolling Baby

I don't understand why he felt the need to throw the thing about Kaepernick in there the way he did.

There is no comparison.. Jalen was an all class man who put his team first and Kapernick is a sorry loser who puts his interest before his teams and his country’s hero’s as he condones people to disrespect our military and its veterans
Being an equal opportunity asshole, I gotta point out that what Kaepernick did does not disrespect the military or its veterans. I refuse to recite the pledge of allegiance. After we invaded the mid east, it was a long time before I would stand for the anthem. Blind patriotism is a very dangerous thing.
I am a veteran and it is disrespectful to me and almost every veteran I know. So please tell me how it is not offensive to military or veterans.

Ps. We didn’t “invade the Middle East” and if I was standing by you when we were saying the pledge or singing the anthem and you were being disrespectful I would let you know about it.

XXL TideFan

Apparently I'm a Jackass
@Destiny's Child, Then one of us would tote an ass whoopin'. You don't have the right to get in my face of you choose to be offended. Being offended is a choice. Being a veteran or even American does not convey the right to push your beliefs on anyone else. I choose (see how that works) to do as I see fit, not you nor anyone else get to force me to believe as you do. Be offended if you choose to but leave me alone about it. Live and let live. Your way is no more right than Kaepernick's way but it is more rude to someone that doesn't share your view.

Last edited:

Destiny's Child

It's Rolling Baby
@Destiny's Child, Then one of us would tote an ass whoopin'. You don't have the right to get in my face of you choose to be offended. Being offended is a choice. Being a veteran or even American does not convey the right to push your beliefs on anyone else. I choose (see how that works) to do as I see fit, not you nor anyone else get to force me to believe as you do. Be offended if you choose to but leave me alone about it. Live and let live. Your way is no more right than Kaepernick's way but it is more rude to someone that doesn't share your view.
You have the right to sit because I, my friends, my mother, my grandfathers fought for it.. my grandfather died for that right. My other grandfather took several bullets, surgically repaired ankles, knees, hips and suffered life long nightmares so you and Kapernick could sit and disrespect their service and sacrifice. It is incredibly offensive, disrespectful to me and most men or women who have made a similar sacrifice. The fact you can't see that is upsetting.
But much like the right you have to sit, I have the right speak about how offensive it is. If you want to try and whoop my ass for it than so be it but to stand there and let you disrespect my family, friends and other brothers and sisters I fought with would be outside my nature.

mrchase

Verified Member
HARRY'S

I am a veteran and it is disrespectful to me and almost every veteran I know. So please tell me how it is not offensive to military or veterans.

Ps. We didn’t “invade the Middle East” and if I was standing by you when we were saying the pledge or singing the anthem and you were being disrespectful I would let you know about it.
I'm a veteran and it doesn't bother me at all. It's not me doing it.

I'm a veteran and it doesn't bother me at all. It's not me doing it.

Same and same. Never took it as disrespect, which is a good thing considering it was never meant as disrespect to veterans. As a matter of fact, if I recall correctly, I think it was a veteran (or a group of) that suggested to Kaepernick that he kneel as opposed to simply sitting to prostest while showing respect to veterans at the same time.

I don't do the pledge either.

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
HARRY'S
What do the two have in common other than race and the sport they play? A comparison would have been Jalen to Bryant.
I was leaving it as a general comparison of 2 QBs. Nothing more, nothing less. Both had some hardships. Each handled differently. Allen West made it political. Leave it to someone outside the sport to do that. Imagine that!!!

Top Bottom