FTBL Jalen Hurts----Not Colin Kaepernick---Is QB We Should Celebrate

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
I appreciate the story and he's clear he's not a Bama fan. I'm also happy he appreciated the role Tua has played in this description of being a good teammate. In fact, I've even heard Tennessee and LSU fans being inspired by what they saw Saturday.

So what does any of that have to do with Kaepernick's situation or story? Absolutely nothing. In fact, it was just thrown in the story and the title as a comparison, as far as I can tell, with zero explanation of what he meant by it. Would have been a nicer compliment to Jalen had it been only about Jalen. Plenty good enough.

Just being picky, he was a Lieutenant Colonel , not a Lieutenant.
How does it go? You can get away with calling a Lieutenant Colonel, Colonel, but you don't call a Lieutenant Colonel, Lieutenant?

**back to regular programming**
You don't call a Major General, Major.
You don't call a Lieutenant General, Lieutenant.
Members of the military earn their rank and are quick to point out whose rank is higher. Technically, you can have two Colonels with the same eagles on their shoulders. But whoever was promoted first, has higher rank.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
HARRY'S
I don't see why he would Jalen doesn't need to be compared to anyone! Don't get me started on those officers ranking!

What a load of horse shit. You want to celebrate Jalen? Fine, do it. You want to rant about Kaepernick? Again, go right ahead. Celebrating one at the expense of the other just smacks of agenda here and the praise rings hollow.

You don't need to tear someone else down in order to build another wholy unrelated person up, nor do you need toinject your petty politics into it. That's so petty and childish. If you really wanted to celebrate Jalen, you wouldn't do him the disservice of bringing up completely unrealated political issues into it. I would expect better of an educated adult if I didn't know better myself.

"We" can celebrate them both if we are so inclined, can we not? It's not a zero-sum situation.

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
I appreciate the story and he's clear he's not a Bama fan. I'm also happy he appreciated the role Tua has played in this description of being a good teammate. In fact, I've even heard Tennessee and LSU fans being inspired by what they saw Saturday.

So what does any of that have to do with Kaepernick's situation or story? Absolutely nothing. In fact, it was just thrown in the story and the title as a comparison, as far as I can tell, with zero explanation of what he meant by it. Would have been a nicer compliment to Jalen had it been only about Jalen. Plenty good enough.
It was 100% click bait and pandering to a certain group and considering how many times I've seen it shared on Facebook and Twitter, mission accomplished. What's really frustrating to me is how I'm seeing people saying "This is the guy that should be celebrated by the media instead of Kaepernick" as if virtually every local and national sports outlet in the country hasn't done a story celebrating Jalen. If it wasn't for Meyer's announcement it would probably STILL be the biggest sports story in the nation.

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
It was 100% click bait and pandering to a certain group and considering how many times I've seen it shared on Facebook and Twitter, mission accomplished. What's really frustrating to me is how I'm seeing people saying "This is the guy that should be celebrated by the media instead of Kaepernick" as if virtually every local and national sports outlet in the country hasn't done a story celebrating Jalen. If it wasn't for Meyer's announcement it would probably STILL be the biggest sports story in the nation.

And when they chase the narrative of how it compares to guys leaving schools at a moments notice, it works. But as you mentioned, this does not.

Destiny's Child

It's Rolling Baby
I appreciate his words of praise for Jalen.

I don't understand why he felt the need to throw the thing about Kaepernick in there the way he did.

I don't see the correlation between the 2.
There is no comparison.. Jalen was an all class man who put his team first and Kapernick is a sorry loser who puts his interest before his teams and his country’s hero’s as he condones people to disrespect our military and its veterans

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
HARRY'S
Just a comparison between a positive and a negative. Of course it is going to be political because Allen West was considered by several to be up for political office. Too many people are wearing their feelings on their shoulder.

XXL TideFan

Apparently I'm a Jackass
Jeezus......so what if it was a political commentator with political aspirations making a point? Kaepernick was was raised by white parents in a much more privileged way than I or many others. He only discovered his blackness when he started sucking. He is no more than a heavily pigmented white guy. GTF over it.

West brought Kaepernick up because every SJW in the country was beating a drum about how "woke" he was and what a great guy he was. He is a tool, nothing more.

Last edited:

Top Bottom