FTBL Jalen Hurts is taking his talents to Oklahoma

So he applied for grad school here last month, and now he's going to transfer.

I said it in the good/bad/ugly thread: putting him in in blowout loss mopup duty was a slap in the face.

I think THAT left a sour taste in his mouth and he decided against staying and continuing to develop under Enos (which is what many were saying would be a prudent move to get him draft-ready, especially since he'd applied for grad school here).

We didn't see him once in special packages early in the game like we did late in the season, in the SECCG, and against Chokelahoma. But then to put him in when it DID NOT matter, in the LAST game of the season? Shit move by the coaching staff, especially after his heroics in the SECCG. We very well likely would not have even BEEN in the playoffs were it not for Jalen.

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but at best he would be a third string backup in the NFL. His best option is to stay another year, learn, become a grad assistant, and then move up in coaching.

Look at Freddie Kitchens.

I could be wrong, but at best he would be a third string backup in the NFL. His best option is to stay another year, learn, become a grad assistant, and then move up in coaching.

Look at Freddie Kitchens.
At worst...

Hell, with a strong pro day and maybe combine, he could be easily been drafted 4th/5th round and been a serviceable QB2 after another year's worth of Enos' tutelage.

All that is a burned bridge now.

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
HARRY'S
So he applied for grad school here last month, and now he's going to transfer.

I said it in the good/bad/ugly thread: putting him in in blowout loss mopup duty was a slap in the face.

I think THAT left a sour taste in his mouth and he decided against staying and continuing to develop under Enos (which is what many were saying would be a prudent move to get him draft-ready, especially since he'd applied for grad school here).

We didn't see him once in special packages early in the game like we did late in the season, in the SECCG, and against Chokelahoma. But then to put him in when it DID NOT matter, in the LAST game of the season? Shit move by the coaching staff, especially after his heroics in the SECCG. We very well likely would not have even BEEN in the playoffs were it not for Jalen.
Playing from behind affected our ability to put in a special package with Jalen, I believe. Would not playing him at all have been better than putting him in with 11:12 left in the fourth quarter?

I don’t quite understand it being a “slap in the face” for the number 2 QB to be inserted into the game no matter the circumstance. Would it have been a slap in the face if it resulted in a TD?
At what point are players justified in being offended by when they are inserted into the game? If that is truly the reason for the transfer...then he’s not the quality individual that we thought.

So the "enrolled in UA grad school" was wrong?
He applied to grad school at Alabama (and was accepted). People typically apply to multiple schools when going to college the first time or for graduate school. He's doing the right thing for him. It's really no different than leaving for the NFL after your junior year. My bet is that he winds up somewhere in/close to Texas. Wherever he goes, I wish him well.

'65 Cobra

Verified Member
I wish him the very best and I don't think it is anything more than just the smartest move for him. I don't think there was any slap in the face nor any reaction to such. He could indeed develop for another year under Enos, but he will also be competing with two other back-up QBs that are each probably more talented.

I think it's smart for him to transfer somewhere where he can be the full-time starter. It's his best chance to get into the NFL.

Thank you, Jalen, for your leadership, your class and your dedication. I wish you the very, very best. And if there's one thing Mr. Tua needs to learn more from Mr. Jalen, it's how to be more of a leader - a field general, and a strong one.

Is it possible to throw your helmet into the transfer ring and then not transfer? Unless the exact right school offers?
Yes. Putting your name into the database allows other schools to contact you instead of putting the entire search process burden on the player. He could stay, but I think he wants to play. I don't think he's NFL-caliber, but you never know.

Is it possible to throw your helmet into the transfer ring and then not transfer? Unless the exact right school offers?
Yes. Putting your name into the database allows other schools to contact you instead of putting the entire search process burden on the player. He could stay, but I think he wants to play. I don't think he's NFL-caliber, but you never know.
I agree. If #2 gets into a NFL then he will buy a ticket.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
HARRY'S
Hope he stay, but we all know he is a good QB! Where every he goes he will have one Bama fan cheering him on! I just hope it not 45 miles south of me!

Top Bottom