| PRO Jalen Hurts' Draft Status... Speculation

rammerjammer

Gump 4ever
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
We beat this horse to death a couple year back when the unofficial coaches were all the rage making an argument for Tua over Jalen as the starting QB.

I still say that Jalen couldn't process the info fast enough and anticipate. Either way. I think he can make a roster. My hope is that he can be a back up for several years and make several million holding a clip board and counting plays. Come out and start coaching.

Reaction score
JMO but thanks to Lamar Jackson somebody is going to give Jalen a shot to make the roster. Fact is in the NFL the defense for so many years don't account for the feet of a mobile QB in their schemes. Mahomes game the Titan's hell yesterday running for big 1st down on 3rd and some what long.

Hope JH gets a spot.

AJ doing pretty dang well holding the clipboard.........10 million in the piggy bank so far in his 6 years....

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
I have seen a couple of 3 round mocks that have him going in the third round. Once you get past the first few picks though it is all flat out speculation.

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Reaction score
I think they pegged it about right. He's not in the elite category. He's extremely athletic but waits for a receiver to be open before he throws it. He'll make a roster, but most teams don't want their $$$$ QB to be running.

Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I admit that I don't know anything about football but JMO Jake is a good college QB and it ends right there. The guy should have returned and enjoyed his 4 years in college. The Eason kid is a better prospect for the NFL than Jake.

This might not age well but I have eaten crow before...Heinz 57 does the best job to kill the taste.

Justneedme81

Sideline Club
Reaction score
It's all based on his performance during Senior Bowl week. He does well, and he will move up. Just because Scouts feel like he's not that good or whatever doesn't mean he's gonna slide. How many times we've seen scouts saying lot of bad things about a player only to see the player doing well in NFL?

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Someone will take a chance on him and get an awesome kid. I don't know how much more he developed at OK (if at all, which is hilarious in some ways considering how morons were pointing to Lincoln Riley as being the reason he was having a great year). I still stand by that if he stayed at Alabama he probably would have further increased his draft stock, because I think he would have continued to develop more as a passer and I believe they would have continued to find unique ways to get him on the field at the same time as Tua. Jalen being that "slash" kind of guy like Taysom Hill would have opened some NFL eyes.

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Kordell Stewart! Jalen will be the next KS. Drafted as a QB and converted to a WR, used occasionally in a Wildcat set.

XXL TideFan

Don't go there
Century Club
Reaction score
Wouldn’t care if I ever played 1 down. Gimme da contract and clipboard

Top Bottom