| FTBL Is Tua Brother transferring?

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Let's assume Tua does get drafted by Miami.

@BamaBoyJosh on the same end as "what we've seen the family do in the past" why would we think, or expect, Gula to want his kid playing under Manny Diaz?

Galu, and Tua as well, have said the reason the family is in Tuscaloosa is because they saw Alabama as a better option when it comes to getting Tua to the next level. More simply put, they felt Alabama presented a better value and opportunity than USC or UCLA for getting Tua to the NFL.

But now, the family is going to take a different approach and put Lia under the tutelage of Diaz? Or, even more specifically, being coached by Rhett Lashlee?

We don't know what the future holds with Lia. That's a given.

That said, how much sense does it make to move a kid to another program where his development and potential will be tapped?

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
That’s really valid points.....
Miami appears to be an up and coming dumpster fire....
But i cant see him staying where he wont play....
Or moving far away.....
So what are the options...fsu...Florida( HC who has a reputation for developing QBs)....
Of course...really not even a conversation because Tua...,may not go to Dolphins...

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Let's review this for a minute.

When national recruiting pundits mention they believe Bryce Young will compete for a starting position for the Tide in his freshman year we've seen Bama fans scoff and deride the notion. "He's not ready." "He isn't even on campus yet." And, more often than not, those are followed by "look at what Lia is going to bring to the field."

Now, a few weeks later, it's "Lia is moving because folks can't see him staying where he won't play.

Is that just a statement regarding this season with Mac in his last year? Is that looking forward to 2021 when it's a roster listing Young, Lia, Tyson, and possibly Story?

I'm literally reading two things.

Ignore what's being said about Bryce because Lia is in Tuscaloosa.
Lia is going to leave because Bryce is in Tuscaloosa.

Versus the one thing we know: Mac is the starter going into spring camp.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
No...it's called talking about football while trying to figure out how to mount a flange through newly lain porcelain tile that wasn't cut out big enough...or Monday, if you prefer. (I'm not wanting to "scribe and chip," if you know what I mean.

The ol' thinking about one thing, talking about another, and trying to do a third at the same time.

EasyTider

Attention Whore
Bama Club
Reaction score
IMO, I see the Mac vs B. Young competition shaping up similar to Jalen and Tua. Mac will be QB1 (although we see glimpses of greatness from BY in A-day) to start season. It wasn’t until watching him @Aubarn and in bowl game that I ever believed i would think that. We’ll hear how Young lights up #1 D in practices and should Jones falter I think Young is ‘next man up’. Only difference is that Jalen and Tua’s skill sets were so different where both Young and Jones are passers first. Unless we win a title led by Jones, Young will take the reins as sophomore and Mac goes the grad transfer route.
But hey, what do I know?

Justneedme81

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Funny how everyone pencil in Young as a starter in 2021... We don't know what future holds for them.

Bama Club
Reaction score
Funny how some are concerned about this before spring practice even starts. Tua is a big boy now and the family might be tired of moving.
I would bet Lia is not afraid of a little competition.

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
IMO, I believe Tulia will likely transfer after spring practice or at the end of the semester IF HE DOES NOT WIN THE 1 OR 2 SPOT AT QB. With that being said, I also think the team that drafts his brother will play a role in HIS POSSIBLE TRANSFER. Until he makes a decision one way or the other, it is just speculation on our part.

Justneedme81

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Around this time we heard rumors of Mac Jones transferring ….

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Reaction score
I'm not going to worry about it, yet. He hasn't won the starter role and he hasn't won the backup role either. Moving Taulia to follow Tua isn't the smartest move. What if Tua goes to Miami and then gets traded after year 1 (sounds crazy but how did Miami get Rosen?).

Justneedme81

Sideline Club
Reaction score
March performance will determine lot of things. Tauila going to Miami or FSU doesn't make sense. Spring camp is completely different from the fall camp. If young struggle in fall camp, then what happens? if Mac get hurt, Saban is going to need an experienced QB which is Tauila… and he knows that. I'm not sure if Mac can hold up throughout the season but we'll find out.

Top Bottom