| FTBL Is Tua Brother transferring?

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
1581184268256.png
Rumor has it that Taulia Tagovailoa may transfer after Spring? I read this on Facebook called Tua Tagovailoa Fan? Has any of you hear this too?

bamafan9201

Verified Member
Sideline Club
Reaction score
No it’s just BS, he will go into Spring fighting for the starting job like the others. If he doesn’t make it or Bryce Young wins it I would guess he would consider transferring them but nothing is decided yet.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Just a rumor...but if Dolphins select Tua....family might move to Miami...with Taulia in tow.....
You know....rumor from cousins younger brothers dad...type rumor....but he had Jalahn going to OK right...costed me on a dollar bet...

Reaction score
That family is tight and it appears the Father pretty much makes the calls including audibles. I believe the kid will transfer once Tua is settled into his new home/team.

kbama15

Sideline Club
Reaction score
I figured he might. Family is everything to them. I wish him all the best in whatever he decides.

Bamabww

Bench Warmer
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
I'll be surprised if the family doesn't follow big brother.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Family dynamics are interesting.

We've raised our kids with the understanding that we're going to live where we want to live and the kids will do the same. Probably stems from both my wife and I being in the military and not living "back home" ever. Closest for me was Texas, 9 hours from Birmingham. She's 5.5 hours away from "home" in Montana.

Neither of my kids are close with any of their cousins, aunts, or uncle...but they're pretty close to one grandparent We used to visit Alabama a few times a year, but that slowed down a bit once there was some family conflict. We've been open with our kids about the decision and believe they fully understand the reasoning. I'm of the opinion the next time I see family in Alabama, it will be for a funeral.

I believe that the core 4 of us is pretty tight. Both will go to college in Montana, after that who knows. At the moment, I don't plan on moving to be closer to them if they end up elsewhere. I'm home now ;)

I can fully understand keeping a family tight. To each their own, as a parent I've made decisions based on what I think is right in both the short and long game, realizing later that I've created an unintended consequence from previous decisions, which I just can't change.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Hope I'm wrong, just the feeling I have.

My trips to Alabama are few and far between, every few years it seems these days. But in the same sense, trips to Montana from Texas prior were also every few years.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
It's sad what you say, but I'm going through a lot of what you did. Keeping your core together is key, so I understand and don't blame you at all. It's gotten to the point that getting together with family for Christmas has been such a pain that it's no longer worth it and I threaten to take my wife and kids skiing out West or up to Montana for a fishing trip. It stinks, but I get it man.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
@BamaFan334 ....went to Hawaii for thanksgiving one year....and they all were on there own....
( bama vs Hawaii year).... they threatened me if we ever did it again...lol
To all there own...but i am glad they are closes...kids...grankids...great grankids...

ElephantStomp

Verified Member
Bama Club
Reaction score
I’m not real close to any of my family other than my kids, never really have been that close because of things I went through as a kid and now none of them like my profession. At some point I’ll end up home in Texas, but not for several years. Next place the kids and I live will be Boston because my daughter got accepted to Harvard, but we have a year before that because she’s half way through her junior year.

So, for me the dynamic and how things work in Tua’s family is a bit odd, but if they’re all happy

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Our daughter only live 5 miles from us with her youngest son. Her older as of right now and her three kids live with us. Her middle daughter is living with her boyfriend (if that what you call it now?)? She live about 8 miles from us.

I tell my wife that I want a box of Calgon! Some of you O.G. guys will know what I mean!

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
I would be more shocked if he stays than if he leaves, honestly.

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
I would agree with this under normal circumstances... Because Mac has proven to be a very good option and the #1 overall player is coming in at his position... But shit, Mac was in the same type of situation just a few years ago. Most kids would probably be looking elsewhere, but his pops will call the shot. Whatever he decides, it will be a principled approach which is something you have to love about that family.

Personally I'd go even money either way. RTR

Reaction score
Gone are the days where you might actually have 3 QB's that could actually play well on your roster. Trying to keep 2 is going to be hard enough. Injuries are going to be real killers for teams in the days of the Portal. Hell you need at least 4 QB's in order to conduct practice. The preferred walk-on QB market like punters should grow in the coming years.

bama alum

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
From a hometown point of view (only), that will be what we're watching. Sawyer Pate guided THS to a state championship. Because he's played behind Lia for two years, he never received a D1 offer. Gus gave him a preferred walk-on offer; Pate grew up a barner, so he took it. Bo Pix is not going to relinquish his starting position, but in two years, it might be interesting to see what role Pate has on the team.

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
I'm not basing my opinion on anything else other than that family dynamic. After reading and listening to how they are, my bet would be that wherever Tua gets drafted is where the entire family will move and Baby Tua will transfer close to wherever that is.

Top Bottom