| FTBL Is there a better job in America than being a backup QB in the NFL?

Davestwin

Sideline Club
For all those folks who belittle AJ, he played one offensive snap and one ST’s snap last season while earning $4 million! Of course, I’m one of the ones who still holds out hope he will still get an extended shot of starting seven or more games in a row during a season. If he falls flat then at least he will not wonder “what if” for the rest of his life? Regardless, I’m glad he’s parlayed his talents enough to set him up financially for the rest of his life if he’s the least bit frugal.

BamaFan334

Crimson Tide Club
He is going to have all of his money and none of the lingering affects of a starter. Now they will be wealthy whereas he'll be rich, but if he plays his cards right he can turn that rich into wealth. Is it worth what Trubisky, Danielle Jones, and Darnold have been through?

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Crimson Tide Club
He is going to have all of his money and none of the lingering affects of a starter. Now they will be wealthy whereas he'll be rich, but if he plays his cards right he can turn that rich into wealth. Is it worth what Trubisky, Danielle Jones, and Darnold have been through?
Based on what I see AJ had actually been paid over 10 million since he left T-town. His 1st contract was for 2.4 for 4 years and he completed that, The 2nd deal with the Bills went upside down but part of that deal was for a 4 million signing bonus so that went into the bank if nothing else did from the Bills. The 3rd with Houston has him with 3.75 in bonus money that actually hit the bank.

Elderfalsedemigod

Not an alter...maybe an altar
Century Club
Based on what I see AJ had actually been paid over 10 million since he left T-town. His 1st contract was for 2.4 for 4 years and he completed that, The 2nd deal with the Bills went upside down but part of that deal was for a 4 million signing bonus so that went into the bank if nothing else did from the Bills. The 3rd with Houston has him with 3.75 in bonus money that actually hit the bank.

And he probably gets at least another 4 years averaging 1M or so per with teams looking for a steady backup

PurlJam

Century Club
Being Queen/King of England.... don't believe there's another job on the planet where you can make the most amount of money for the least amount of physical work possible :p .... 'course I went on the planetary scale, but in America backup QB in NFL got to be at least in the top 3.