| LIFE Is it a sign of getting old when you get excited about a lawn mower purchase?

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I bought the milwaukee m18 pole saw w/ a blower on special 2-3 months ago. It's great! I've used it to clean up some of the trails around the property we use to walk the dogs. I bought the 3' extension about a month later but haven't used it yet.

As far as I can tell, I have 5 different trees on the property. I don't plan on cutting the aspen or larch trees, Aspens sound amazing with a gentle breeze and both turn colors during the fall.

Douglas Fir
Ponderosa Pine
Larch
Lodgepole pine
Aspen

Crimson&WhiteGecko

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
I just got Pine or various Oak :ROFLMAO:. I "trimmed" off a 28" Oak limb last Thursday that was 18ft up. Needless to say that I needed my Stihl to handle it. It was a finesse job too because it was less than a foot from my house.

And last night, fore-arm sized branch broke off from one of my Oaks & landed directly about my master bed room. Scared the crapola out me last night, hence I'm getting the pole saw with extension. So thanks for the feedback on the M18.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
It cut through a a few 3" pine limbs easily. I don't recall which battery I was using.

I have a mixture of m18 batteries.
xc4, xc5, xc6 and xc8 (high output), xc9 (hd)

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Reaction score

I have the Husqvarna 51, it’s about 25 years old and it runs like a demon as long as you can stay with it. The only weak link I’ve found with it is the plastic piece that catches the steel arms to engage and start as you pull the rope to start it will strip over time. The original lasted over ten years, but the replacements last about three. The compression is pretty high on it, not the easiest to start. I have two smaller Echo saws for smaller stuff. They have been dependable as well.

I alternate between the premix and manually mixed with ethanol. The ethanol does its damage sitting Up in any Engine. If you have a big job and you’re going to burn through several tanks of gas, the ethanol mix won’t hurt it.

XXL TideFan

Don't go there
Bama Club
Reaction score
I made my living in plastic injection molds and molding for 32 years. Automotive for the last 26. The reason for the cost difference is the tooling to make the decks. Given a choice at the same price, I would have went for the metal deck. A mold to make it would probably be in the $400K and require a relatively new machine to mold it in, at around a $1M+. Trying to recoup start up costs.

I also was involved in high speed blow molding of soft drink, water bottles. Use glass where possible.

Top Bottom