| FTBL Introducing The AdvantageA comprehensive program that will provide Crimson Tide student-athletes with the education and tools necessary to build...

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
I think there are going to be a lot of unintended consequences of opening up these doors. Not saying the doors don't need to be opened, but I very seriously doubt it's going to be nothing but positives as some would have you believe. Some well defined regulations with a system set up with a options on how to save/divert earned revenue (by the athletes), would go a long way, IMO. But I'm all for the athletes getting a piece of the pie when it comes to stuff like EA Sports games, their jersey (with name) being sold in stores, appearance fees, etc.

As for The Advantage, the name is perfect. Every time Bama or Saban does something, rivals complain about it being an advantage (think recruiting rules, extra support staff, etc.). Just go ahead and get out in front of it and call it The Advantage and rub it in their faces. Like it.

TerryP

Ivory Club
Not saying the doors don't need to be opened, but I very seriously doubt it's going to be nothing but positives as some would have you believe
While Alabama can compete, they are not on a level playing field around the P5 conferences.

The unintended consequences you speak of? In my mind it speeds up the separation between P5 and G5 (aided by the portal.)