| PRO Introducing The AdvantageA comprehensive program that will provide Crimson Tide student-athletes with the education and tools necessary to build...

The Advantage is designed to educate and provide Crimson Tide student-athletes with the tools necessary to build and elevate their personal brands​

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Alabama Athletics, one of the most recognizable and influential brands in all of sports, has created The Advantage, a comprehensive program that will provide Crimson Tide student-athletes with the education and tools necessary to build and elevate their personal brands.
In working with both campus partners and external entities, The Advantage, will focus on brand management, maximizing personal social media platforms and financial literacy.
"We are excited to launch this new program, which even further demonstrates our commitment to fully developing our student-athletes," Alabama Director of Athletics Greg Byrne said. "We are blessed to have incredible resources on campus with our institution, allowing us to better fit our specific needs and evolve The Advantage, as needed."

mando

Sideline Club
Sorry guys but I think this is a big bunch of crap.
I agree with this also but if the NCAA is going to open it up no one can take advantage of it like Bama can. I wish this were not the case but what do you do if NCAA changes the rules? You can't sit idle by and the Bama machine is a marketing machine for appealing to kids wanting to earn likeness money as well as make money at the next level. No one in college football can match what Bama can do for a kid in terms of potential earnings value.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Conundrum. If an athlete uses his likeness with BAMA logo, does he/she have to pay a license fee. Selling his jersey etc. .

I think it's more autographs and advertising without logos like traditional commercials if I had to guess. Social media and all of that. Doubt they can govern hashtags.