| MBB/WBB Interest in Pettway from a few schools. The latest to offer is Cincy (coached by former Bama assistant John Brennan.)

12gage

Century Club
Reaction score
Is this a move that could lead to Bucky being brought in?

TerryP

Ivory Club
Reaction score
@12gage,
I don't see that happening. As you can see, if they hired Bucky to replace Pett there's something missing.

TerryP

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Former Alabama coach John Brannen trying to lure Antoine Pettway to Cincy

Sgt. Lincoln Osiris

Lead farmer
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
So I see with Kennesaw hiring that UGAy assistant, Pett is staying? Or is he still job shopping?

Reason I ask is because folks have been stressing the importance of keeping an Alabama "native" on staff for in-state recruiting purposes.

But what's wrong with adding another coach from somewhere like Michigan? Lots of great HS talent comes out of that state. Byrne and even Oats eluded to regional preference not being an issue, that we need to broaden our recruiting base outside of Alabama and Mississippi.

Century Club
Reaction score
I hope he stays in my opinion it's good to have someone from the University who knows the lay of the land.

TerryP

Ivory Club
Reaction score
I hope he stays in my opinion it's good to have someone from the University who knows the lay of the land.
Career wise, he needs to move on. It's about like being typecast in Hollywood. He's getting close to being that "good assistant, good recruiter, great with the players" label. It's as easy hole for goung coaches to call in to.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
He is staying where he is comfortable but I am with you @TerryP at some point he is limiting his career. Also, he will not survive the coaching changes forever.

planomateo

great White North
Ivory Club
Reaction score
He is staying where he is comfortable but I am with you @TerryP at some point he is limiting his career. Also, he will not survive the coaching changes forever.
Maybe he's doing what's important to him ;)

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Maybe he's doing what's important to him ;)
I am a Petty fan for sure. Maybe you are correct but eventually coaching changes will impact him. Hope he has the experienced needed to land on his feet if that occurs. Personally I hope it is a long time from now and CNO is there for 25 years.

TerryP

Ivory Club
Reaction score
I'm ready to move away from the lineage, completely. Nothing against Pett other than associations and I'm ready for UA to move on from those.

Top Bottom