• Guest Holiday graphics can be disabled in your preferences. Happy Holidays!

| FTBL In the "not so surprising news" category, major shuffles at Texas today.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
I've heard rumor that Herman is going to make a run at Brady (LSU.)

bama alum

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Herman will do everything to convince Brady that Texas is back. Would Brady accept or laugh in his face?

ElephantStomp

Verified Member
Bama Club
Reaction score
Texas job is better than the LSU gig, so I’d take it.

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
Texas job may be better assuming they are offering the OC job vs his current LSU position.

Bama Club
Reaction score
LSU is working on a new contract for Brady. Herman might want to hussle.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
With LSU and UGA playing next week here's something for you guys to keep in mind if you'd like.

Kids say and do some stupid stuff. We can all agree on that, right? Just as one example, do you remember how we used to see recruits taking pictures of them flashing cash after visits? It was as if they didn't realize a post on Facebook could be seen outside of their own circle. Ah, for the hell of it, here's another. Do you remember how we asked why kids were committing to Ole Miss, from across the country, and hadn't even visited their campus?

Watch this. In the next few weeks we are going to see some kids sign who come from families who are struggling to even pay rent. Rack this up to "stupid stuff kids say" but when you hear "it's the first time I've seen real bread" after visiting LSU you might think is he talking about eating or is that a slang reference?

More importantly, here's your question. How does a kid, who comes from a family who is having a hard time paying rent, afford five unofficial visits across the country?

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I have questioned this myself the past couple of years. It's hard for upper middle income families to fly, muchless an 18 year old recruit on his own dime.

By the way, we knew George Pickens had academic issues, and I guess his intelligence showed against Georgia Tech. Sheesh.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Is Texas a better gig today than LSU? No.

If all things are equal with both programs on similar standing is Texas a better gig? Resounding yes.

External factors like overzealous boosters and alum make "Don't Mess with Texas" true in its simplest form.

I'm with @JoseyWalesTheOutlaw on this. It certainly looks like this is a case of "fire assistants, keep your job." But good lord, when we look at Herman what do we see?

It started with kisses.
When they lost their last game we saw Herman head butting players (with helmets on no less.)

I'm not saying Herman doesn't have a good football mind. I believe he does. Translating that to a head coaching mentality seems to be as far from his forte as Texas is from being a national power today.

rammerjammer

Gump 4ever
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
I think that is it in a nutshell. Best joke I can think of: All midgets come from Texas, they are Texan's with all the hot air let out of them.

I know there are factors with recruiting, because 99.9% of the HS are going to some form of the HUNH offense and how this affects what a kid knows coming out of HS into college. Having said that, I think the money men in Texas have the Jerry Jones mentality. I have all the money in the world and I know better than you, how to do this.......continues to throw money at it, to no avail.

aTm and UT seem to be the same way. I know it is kind of early in both Herman @ UT and Fisher @ aTm, but they both seem to have floundered about the same. Comparing who they play Big XII vs SEC is apples and oranges, but still, kind of interesting to see them doing about the same considering the amount of resources both have been given.

colbyjacks

Verified Member
Sideline Club
Reaction score
Supposedly they are about to load up with prospects starting with Evans this week and then at some point adding Burch, Webb, and Dumervil to their class. Also, they are going hard after Demouy. Hopefully we can keep him because that is a big position of need. Whenever you bring up paying recruits to LSU fans, they act like you are absurd.

Top Bottom