.FOOD In every home the food/cooking seems to fall on one person. Is that the case in your house?

Reaction score
Case scenario's: A good friend of mine handles 99.9% of the food shopping and cooking in his household. Granted, he's on disability due to a back injury while his wife works full time, but I mention him for a reason. It's a guy in the kitchen.

Another only touches the grill and meats associated with grilling and smoking. His neighbor, who works full time as does his wife, handles 100% of his family. And, yet others, are pretty evenly split.

@RollllTide! mentioned a food forum the other day in the thread about site updates. It led me to wonder how many of the folks here spend a lot of time with food.

planomateo

Ready to put Tejas in the rear view, hello Montana
ADMINISTRATION
HARRY'S
Reaction score
Over the course of the year, we're probably close to 50-50. It really just depends on the day/week and what's going on with work.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
HARRY'S
Reaction score
Cooking I would said 30-70% housework more even.

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Reaction score
I do the majority of the cooking, mainly because I am good at it and enjoy it. My wife does all baking as I suck at that.

Sgt. Lincoln Osiris

Lead farmer
Reaction score
So, that means you're cooking and shopping for every meal...lord only knows what "I'm off work" means in your world.

Clarifying: my wife usually cooks because I'm working so much at night. Unless I'm off. Then I do the cooking, unless she already has a meal planned.

If I were home more at night, we'd split the load. Hell, I enjoy cooking so much I'd probably cook MORE than she does..

Sgt. Lincoln Osiris

Lead farmer
Reaction score
I've been referred to as a "BBQ Maestro"... but when NOT on the grill/smoker, I'm probably best at pasta- spaghetti, lasagna, etc. My panko -breaded chicken tenders are pretty nice also.

And desserts. Good lord, desserts. My peanut butter pie is killer. I also "hacked" Zoe's kitchen's chocolate chip cookie recipe and got my version pretty damn close.

Top Bottom