| OT In all sports (pro and collegiate,) why do you dislike a particular team? (split from ATL Braves thread.)

RollTideinGA

Proud Bama Grad
Century Club
So funny to read reasons why people don't like teams.

Ted Turner hasn't had anything to do with the Braves since 1996.

I'm a big Braves fan and I am fortunate enough to get to attend some games each year. It was the first MLB team I ever got to see in person when we moved from Birmingham to Atlanta. The Dale Murphy/ Bob Horner era.

I am a University of Alabama Alumni and I am also a veteran. I understand the whole Jane Fonda thing, but like I said initially Ted Turner hasn't been involved with the Braves since the mid-90's. New owners, a beautiful new park, and a decent team.

TerryP

Ivory Club
So funny to read reasons why people don't like teams.
Man, this brings in a lot of teams.

I'll start with the NFL. I used to be a big Dallas fan, until ...

Landry and his guys gets pushed out by Jerry Jones and Jimmy Johnson. The latter two I don't have a good impression of...well, let's just say "don't like." Johnson, a hell of a coach, but he can't wash off the stench that is Miami. Jerry, a very successful guy I respect for his business acumen, but nonetheless his association with Johnson and his general demeanor.

MLB and ATL? Growing up in Huntsville it was the "thing to be," a Braves fan. I've always ran from cliques like that. The "support your local team" excuse fell on deaf ears: they're in Georgia for god's sake.

Bama Club
I'm a big time Cardinals fan I can not tell you how many games of the week I missed out on watching due to the braves being the regional team.
Plus their fans are the most fair weathered in all of sports.