| NEWS Impact on LSU, Players If Odell Beckham Jr. Handed Out Real Money- SI

94 Grad

Century Club
Reaction score
Jefferson More than likely turning pro... so doesn’t matter.

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Long as they're seniors or juniors going pro nothing anyone can do about it.

bama alum

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Oh, so that was just fake money...

LSU says Odell Beckham Jr. handed out fake money to players in viral video

1579024172180.png

A video has surfaced on social media of former LSU star Odell Beckham Jr. appearing to hand out cash to LSU players moments after the national championship game against Clemson on Monday night.

An LSU athletic official told The Advocate the money was not real.

Junior wide receivers Justin Jefferson and Jontre Kirklin were in the video that surfaced Tuesday morning.

He's currently a member of the Cleveland Browns.

NCAA student athletes are not permitted from profiting off their likeness, which includes selling equipment or autographs.

Players can also not receive monetary gifts.

On Tuesday, LSU head coach Ed Orgeron and junior linebacker Patrick Queen said during his morning press conference it was the first he was hearing about the incident.

"No sir, I did not see that," Queen said.

"First I'm hearing about it," Orgeron said.

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
It's all about Odell... Even when it's not. Just loves the attention

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Anyone really believe this is not happening at LSU?

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
At every major program this is bound to happen at some point. Some boosters want to feel important and do stupid stuff. The problem with a stunt like this is it might bring pressure to investigate LSU and I can promise one could be found. Worse for them, it might make boosters think they can do this at will and really start it rolling.

rueben

Extra Point Club
Reaction score
So now OBJ handing out counterfeit money/ yeah smart move get the feds involved as well. :D

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I sure wish he would pass some my way, I can always use some extra cash, Mrs. Bama only gives me so much every few weeks.

94 Grad

Century Club
Reaction score
Yeah.... Right. OBJ carries around a pocket full of fake cash to pass out to players after games. I don't believe anyone will be "buying" that one. Either way, he's not very smart if he doesn't expect that this would make the media and be a big deal. Sad part is, if the "normal" holds true... he'll be working at Walmart at age 50 because he has no more cash to hand out. I think it's been estimated 78% of NFL players are bankrupt 2 years after leaving the league.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
It is LSWHO right!

94 Grad

Century Club
Reaction score
Don't know... just quoting what was "googled" on the percentage... but it's similar to lottery winners too. They go bankrupt at an incredible rate also.

Will OBJ really be broke, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he's broke by 50. However, I don't know him personally and don't have any idea how well he handles money.

Rolltide24

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
I was glad to see that Joe Brady is gone, off to the Panthers. That’s a blow to LSU in my opinion. No way they are better than 10-2 next year without Burrow and Brady.

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
I had 0 belief that guy was going to stay and be an assistant to an assistant Coach... To Ed Orgeron.

LSU is going to find that getting on top is hard, staying on top is much harder. It takes a lot of discipline and frankly, good fortune. I don't see Coach O being the guy to keep them disciplined enough to continue that level of success. In fact, I'll predict he'll be dealing with a rash of issues by this time next season, starting with replacing the O guru. I'm pretty cynical in general, but his history is what it is for a reason. Plus, Alabama is coming for that ass next year.... RMFTR

Top Bottom