| FTBL I'm seeing a lot of people suggest Notre Dame will join the B1G with realignment starting to rear its head again. They haven't paid attention.

TerryP

Ivory Club
Let's not forget that Notre Dame signed a "grant of right" deal with the ACC in 2016 which runs through 2036. IF they decide to leave their independant status and join a conference it has to be the ACC under their current contract.

mando

Sideline Club
You'll have to resign yourself to admitting when it comes to conferences and their members there is no "footprint" anymore: it's all about the brand.
Do you think cultural fit matters any longer? Seems like they would fit more culturally with the B1G but in the end $$$ does talk.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
You'll have to resign yourself to admitting when it comes to conferences and their members there is no "footprint" anymore: it's all about the brand.
Totally agree....
WVa in big 12?
missouri insec?
etc

but i wonder what NDs closest opponent is in acc? Furtherest has to be miami...
Actually...i cant name all teams in ACC !
South bend to miami. 1337 miles
To Louisville ky....257...closest i guess

TerryP

Ivory Club
Do you think cultural fit matters any longer? Seems like they would fit more culturally with the B1G but in the end $$$ does talk.
Cultral fit, how? Notre Dame fits in the ACC, with academics, as well as anyone. In all of this talk about schools moving the biggest one I see as a "cultral problem" is BYU.

mando

Sideline Club
Cultral fit, how? Notre Dame fits in the ACC, with academics, as well as anyone. In all of this talk about schools moving the biggest one I see as a "cultral problem" is BYU.
Culture of elitist was what I was thinking! The B1G conference thinks highly of themselves and I would think ND fits that mindset.

PurlJam

Bama Club
Let's not forget that Notre Dame signed a "grant of right" deal with the ACC in 2016 which runs through 2036. IF they decide to leave their independant status and join a conference it has to be the ACC under their current contract.
It's Notre dame... they can get out of pretty much any deal.... They'll make them an offer they can't refuse. :p

TerryP

Ivory Club
I would think BYU will angle for the PAC 12, or perhaps have to settle for a remnant league of Big 12 refugees.
That might work but only under the same type of arrangement as Notre Dame has with the ACC: football only.

There are other major concerns with the PAC when it comes to their membership: LGBQT and playing on Sunday's being two.

For a "brand" it would be a great move for the conference: they bring a lot of eyeballs and money into the conference. There is no "footprint" benefit there (as I've alluded to with our OU/TX conversations.) Utah being in the PAC brings that entire state into their viewership.

TerryP

Ivory Club
I would think BYU will angle for the PAC 12, or perhaps have to settle for a remnant league of Big 12 refugees.
On a related note I've learned from someone in Dallas that TCU has already reached out to the PAC: TTU and Baylor as well apparently.
I'm leaning more and more to the thought that this won't end up with four super conferences but split along the lines of the AFC and NFC in the league. In essense, two playoffs leading to one game.

Top Bottom