| FTBL If you didn't watch GameDay on ESPN, Heather Dinich dropped a bomb where it seems most are missing the broader point. (B1G news updates.)

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
An excerpt from an article on her comments:
Dinich, appearing on ESPN College GameDay Saturday morning, says that her sources told her the Big Ten presidents “will not be swayed” by what’s being written in or released to the media. She added that it “could turn them the other way” as well.
“I can tell you, multiple sources have told me that these presidents will not be swayed by what has been written in the media or said. In fact, I’ve been told it could turn them the other way. If they approve it, I’m also told by some sources that the earliest possible return is about a month from now – mid-to-late October.”
"Will not be swayed by the media and it might turn them the other way."

You see what's being said here, right? They are listening to the media and it is driving their decision making process.

I know most of you guys are familiar with Tom Mars. It's his opinion, based on what's what may happen in court, that the B1G scuttled their ship. (You should check out his timeline on Twitter.)

What's strikes me this morning is when Mars starting looking at the B1G and their bylaws he found the decision was against said rules. But suddenly, within a few days of his mentioning their own standards, these "bylaws" were removed from the Internet?

It's my opinion, based on his actions and comments, Mike Farrell is as bad as a "women scorned," but he's dead on with this Tweet.

You're going to hear "liability" often repeated. You're not going to hear how that's going to hold up in court when there are Doctors from Harvard and the Mayo clinic citing evidence contrary to what they've been "citing."

Now, don't get me wrong here. There is "liability" on the horizon. It's from the AG's of a few states taking the B1G to court.

Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
Bama Club
Reaction score
IMHO i cant think of 1 B1G team i am dying to see play.i hope they sit out. Somebody move that dumpster from Ben Hill stadium to the comish office of the B1G.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Heather Dunz....really!
And NO....didnt watch gameday...did kirk cry again...
Sorry to miss that

Last edited:
Reaction score
It was all about getting Trump....the rest is complete bullshit. F um all.

In 1966 at the Bama vs Barn game a guy had a great sign...." Bama plays football and Notre Dame plays politics"....the picture was in the Bham News and I remember it well because my sister was sitting beside the guy. Hell even Notre Dame sucked it up and suited up for football this year.

MunchyOs

auburn h8r
Century Club
Reaction score
Herbstreit is a fucking coronabro

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
A note from the O-zone on the meetings yesterday indicated they didn't vote yesterday because some, or most, of the 11 presidents didn't have the authority to vote the way they did without prior approval from their respective BOT's.

The way I understand this is that move (approval from their Presidents) is a separate issue in itself from what Mars was questioning.

It's my opinion that Mars had them dead to rights when he started questioning their decision based on the laws and bylaws of the B1G. Why else would they have pulled their bylaws from the Internet if they weren't 'pegged to the wall?'

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Would take them 6+ weeks to get teams ready...
Thats November....orclose

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
@TerryP you know they need a "reason" because their egos will not let them say they were wrong. Whatever it takes just get people back to playing the game.

Honestly if there is going to be a major issue that would prevent playing I would expect to see it before Bama plays in less than 2 weeks. There have now been several weeks of practice and a few games. Throw in the kids are back in school at most levels including on college campuses and the holiday weekend is behind us.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
They are just trying to stay newsworthy at this point. ACC and Big 12 are getting all the headlines and views right now, with the SEC coming up. Just a last ditch effort to make some headlines and try and save some face.

Top Bottom