| FTBL If the LSU defense gives up, on average, 30 points on the road...

Century Club
Reaction score
I saw G Mac on SECN Thinking Out Loud he says first team to 30 wins.

Crimson&WhiteGecko

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
Vanderbilt went straight down the field in their opening possession & scored a TD on LSU. They wound up scoring 38 points on them!!

Vandy's D is horrible BTW

bamaledge

Vigilate, et audax
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I think Coach yaw yaw will have them fired up and they probably played down to vandy. With both teams coming off a bye... ????
I am on my knees, talking to the man upstairs about our kicking game. Might be the deciding factor.
Roll Tide

Reactions: #80

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
They are going to be a little more amped up in this game than they were against Vanderbilt, I can promise you that. If you think we get the same shot they gave Vanderbilt, you're nuts. I do not like the comparison there, because we have played down to competition before too this season, but we obviously know we're better. It's going to be a fun game. I hope it just has a rythm to it. I feel like our entire season has had zero rythm whether it being stopped for reviews, injuries or tv commercials, I just can't get into a groove watching. I am hoping we run the ball effectively on them and scorch them deep when Najee starts wearing them down. Remember, no defensive back wants to tackle 6'2 - 240 for four quarters. They also won't be able to run with 4.3 and 4.4 for four quarters either after taking a beating from Najee and 6'2 - 230 Brian Robinson.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
They are gonna give up more than 30.
While Trevor Matich never has been a go to guy for observations I noticed he was quoted Wednesday as having said LSU has one of the worst defenses against slant routes in FBS play: 112th or 116th or some such number.

NickelDoubleDog

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Delpit will be very hobbled at best

Earlier in the year, LSU lost a starting safety Todd Harris for the year.

They still have Jacoby Stevens at S, and 2 good corners. But without a 100% Delpit that LSU secondary can't cover all of Alabama's weapons without there being a mismatch somewhere on every play.

Divinity being out also hurts their pass rush and zone D

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
I expect little pressure on our QB and pretty open slants all game. Could get ugly for the corndogs.

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Read an article somewhere that an SEC assistant coach said that Delpit was more of a liability in man coverage and that if he is in the slot, he is likely blitzing. Aranda will try and protect him best he can. Getting him locked up trying to cover Waddle, Jeudy, Smith, or Ruggs or even Metchie or Bolden will be a HUGE advantage for us.

Top Bottom