• Guest Holiday graphics can be disabled in your preferences. Happy Holidays!

| LIFE If I had the money...

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
I'd probably buy this place.

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Just a little out of my price range, but maybe 15-20 of us could go in together and claim an equal part of the land.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
I have done rather well for myself and at this juncture feel I could afford to purchase this* with cash.

*this is approximately 10 sq ft at the stated price per sq foot.

Bama Club
Reaction score
Wow ... how awesome would it be to wake up every morning have a cup of coffee and look at that scenery.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
@BamaFan334 If you've watched the TV series Yellowstone with Kevin Costner, the main house is in Darby. It's about 2 hours from me.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
^^ For that kinda money I'd want more than 17 acres, unless I was on a lake somewhere.

Like Flathead Lake :)

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Jim Nabor house is for sell in Hawaii! I think the asking price is something over 4 mills!

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
We met Ladd Drummond while visiting Pawhuska, and I didn't see his family on the list, but they own atleast 500,000 acres of land. Dude was down to Earth and even wearing spurs in their sweets shop where we saw him. Never would know he was worth in the $100M range and be a Top 50 landowner. Those are the kind of folks you respect. I almost would make it my mission to own more than Dr. Evi...I mean Jeff Bezos twerp ass if I had that kind of money.

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
This is where I'd spent my lottery dollars, and the balance of my days.

I grew up just a couple of miles from this parcel. As part of the old Chelsea Game Preserve, we had access to this land through two entrances, one via Rock Cutter Gap. We would head out in the pickup to try and make it to Signal Point, and gather a truckload of pine kindling (heart pine, fat lighter, longleaf pine hearts, whatever you remember it as) along the way. Forty-plus years ago, timber companies had little use for hardwoods, so they would hand out free annual firewood permits with the agreement that you wouldn't cut pines. It later increased to $10 a year, then they shut access down. I haven't been on that parcel since college. It's a great place.

RTR,

Tim

Bamabww

Bench Warmer
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
@planomateo, what a nice place. Wish you'd found it before you bought the place you have now but that's the way it goes. ;) This must still be on the grid?

Top Bottom