| PRO I had to look for a minute to see what he was talking about. "San Diego Padres pull 'swastika cap' due to fan backlash."

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
I see the original tweet cited in the article has been deleted. I'd imagine they took a bit of a backlash here (and not surprisingly so.) One really has to be looking for something to latch onto to find this one as I see this.

I made the red lines in the second image because that's all I see. 🤷‍♂️

h.jpg

The San Diego Padres’ new spring training cap unveiled last week will only be worn briefly following an outcry from fans who think the logo looks like a swastika.

“Following our offseason uniform rebrand and the overwhelmingly positive response from Padres fans, we’ve decided to wear our regular season brown caps with the gold ‘SD’ for the majority of spring training,” Wayne Partello, the team’s chief marketing officer, said in a statement, the San Diego Union Tribune reported.

Partello did not mention the controversy over whether the logo on the spring training hats looks like a swastika.

The caps will be worn at least once since the team has been selling and promoting the hat with the logo to fans as on-field equipment, CBS Sports reported. They are also part of a general series from Major League Baseball and New Era that combines the logo of each team with their letter logo.
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
From 2008-2016, everything was a racist. From 2016-Present, everything is a Nazi. At this point it would be easier to actually be those things and stop worrying than try not to be associated with them in any way.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Stupid fucking shit....
Sick of it....
Like the "ok"sign...
Or..."gay" dont mean happy anymore....geeze...

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Reaction score
It's bad enough that people claim there is a swastika in the image. I suppose you could claim you see anything anywhere. But it's worse when the organization says "oops, we'll change it." The claim says the intersection of lines in the underlying SD in the logo has a swastika. Seriously? Just once I'd like to see the organization say, "what you think you see isn't there."

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Reaction score
Does anyone else see the swastikas? Tennessee will have to change their endzones.
image.jpeg

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Or...tell them their mine is ****** ....
Could just as well been a buddist symbol.....if anyone didnt know....this is it below....
The buddist symbol is square up and down...the nazi is tilted ....
This one so imposed on SD hat..as drawn out...is more to buddist....
According to how you look at it ...if that is even conceivable...
@XXL TideFan
@rocknthefreeworld
@rick4bama

DE55F5BE-0D29-4D6D-8FD5-5CC89356BF8C.jpeg

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Awhile back I saw on the news about this being on a building in B'ham? Now this was about 15-20 years ago. But it was on a government building too? I think it was the public library? But it was done in the '30's if I remember right? Talks about removing it? Anyway does anyone here may know which building it is or was? That the reason I put peace in my comment because it was said it was also mean to be one?

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score

Top Bottom