| FTBL I get the hype behind Matt Corral but like Bo Nix last season I don't get the hype behind JT Daniels.

BamaFan334

Scholarship Club
Crimson Tide Club
What's he done that makes him so beloved in a lot of fans, and the media's, eyes?

Georgia fans are the kind of guys that fall for strippers because they think they like them. It's endearing, but they will fall for the starter every year, but quickly turn on them. They egged Aaron Murray's car after he lost to Alabama. So they build their team up every year.

Daniels ain't as bad or as unaccomplished as a lot of people want to make him. He started at USC when he should have been playing his last season in high school. He did get hurt and finally came back late last season and played well. Yes, the competition was not good, but coming back after an ACL at a new school and looking good is not a simple task. That being said, he's not the next coming, but he has the tools to have a great year.

Sam Howell is a guy I can't buy into with tge amount of hype he's gotten.

bama alum

Crimson Tide Club
He was a Mater Die QB who was a 5 start and the #1 player before he came out early. Did well at USC, although not a world beater. His 4 starts at UGA were wins. So obviously he is Joe Burrow Part Duh.

200w.gif

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
He's better than most probably give him credit for, but I don't think he's elite. He has the physical tools to be really good and apparently spends a good amount of time doing preparing off the field. He's obviously not going to have the supporting cast that Mac had at UA last year, but there's enough there that he could be a very good QB by the end of the season... and yes, possibly even better than Corral.

TerryP

Ivory Club
He's better than most probably give him credit for, but I don't think he's elite. He has the physical tools to be really good and apparently spends a good amount of time doing preparing off the field. He's obviously not going to have the supporting cast that Mac had at UA last year, but there's enough there that he could be a very good QB by the end of the season... and yes, possibly even better than Corral.
Proven. That's what I keep coming back to; when has he 'proven' he's of the level of hype he's getting.

I remember the slobber fest after their game with MSU last season as well as remembering the 'Dawgs only took 49 scholarshipped players to Athens. JT had a 400 yard day, four TD's and no INT's. A good day on paper, right? I "see" where the hype started in spite of the caveats ignored.

Then he's 6-2 for the remainder of the season with a 3-0 performance against Mizzou. Mizzou, who coincidently, only had four picks all season.

What's proven?

I'm expecting a 3500 yard type season with JT, 30-10 type ratio with several drive killing INT's.

Corrall vs Daniels is measured by Kiffin vs Monk on my scales.

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
Corrall vs Daniels is measured by Kiffin vs Monk on my scales.

To a large degree, yes. Swap them and what happens, sort of thing (as long as Kiffin stays focused).

On the hype, I guess it just depends on the level of hype (I haven't paid much attention to it, so I haven't see much of it). But, the hype is obviously going to be a biproduct of being tied to UGA... as we all know, their fans have the unique ability to convince themselves of anything, based on nothing. Doesn't help when they have guys like Mike Griffith feeding them. But, I can see the excitement based on his ability.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
as we all know, their fans have the unique ability to convince themselves of anything, based on nothing.
Aint it the truth.....(based on my experience of time in Georgia...being around their fans......small sample i know)....
Almost bitter....with Bama, Florida,AU, LSU winning NCs..( i guess include Texas and Oklahoma now) .and them being ...left out of SEC party...for 40 years...

And cant leave out...being so close ...in 2012...n 2017

OldPlayer

Bama Club
It’s preseason PR. Every team and every starter is getting some level of hype. Bryce Young hasn’t started a game and has only played mop up minutes but he’s getting hype. If you started a game in 2020 or are labeled a “starter” with a good high school career, you’re going to get hype. The SIDs are doing their jobs.

Top Bottom