| OT Hurricane Zeta

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Any of you fellas have a run in with Hurricane Zeta late last night or early this morning? It made an appearance here in Sylacauga and announced it’s presence with some authority! Entire city and surrounding neighborhoods lost power and there is no timeline for it to be restored. For you guys on the coast, I don’t see how you guys do it. We had sustained winds of 55-60mph and that was PLENTY for me!! If anyone else was affected, hope you all escaped damage and are all safe.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Alabama Power is still working around here. Our daughter which is on A.P. is still out. We on the other hand are on Tallapoosa River Electric Coop. Not out!

AFF

Century Club
55-65 MPH winds at 5 AM in Cumming, GA. Trees down everywhere, including one across our driveway and two in a wooded area next to the house. Fortunate none hit the house.

Yep. Lost 3 Leyland cypress trees and 5 tea olive trees. Also damage to fence. Cypress trees were 22 years old and about 40 to 50 ft. We were lucky. One grazed the house but didn't appear to do any damage to house. 1604038521977.png

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
We had more limbs and trees down in Kennesaw, GA from it than at Pell City. Six large trees blew down behind us, the last two would've taken out my neighbor's house if not for them leaning against a few others. A real mess to remove those leaning trees without nailing the house. Power was out about 18 hours, but it's back on, limping along with a mifi for connectivity.

RTR,

Tim

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
30% of Talladega County are still without power, including us. Walmart is closed again today and possibly tomorrow. A post said that they had to throw out all of there meat and dairy, since it had gone so long without refrigeration and they would need to restock.

Rolltide24

Verified Member
Century Club
30% of Talladega County are still without power, including us. Walmart is closed again today and possibly tomorrow. A post said that they had to throw out all of there meat and dairy, since it had gone so long without refrigeration and they would need to restock.

Watch out for meat that is priced too good to be true in that area!

Bamabww

Bench Warmer
Scholarship Club
You guys looking at a cold front soon? Mosquitoes in those trees is what crossed my mind. Bet it kicks the snakes up a bit, or is it too cold?
Not really, the dart throwers have predicted frost for Monday and Tuesday nights but temps in the 60's during the week. Mosquitoes have been bad and are bad around those swampy places, snakes not so much.