| RECRUIT Here we go. Kill your season, 'cruits scoot.

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Reaction score
Raises the questions: If football is moved to Spring, and you have an early enrollee, can they play in games? When does their eligibility expire? Normally you have five years to play four seasons. If there are two seasons in 2021 (Spring and Fall), does that mean a player could be prevented from playing his senior year? If NFL draft eligibility is three years out of high school, does it change if you've played three seasons in two years (Spring 2021, Fall 2021, Fall 2022)?

94 Grad

Century Club
Reaction score
@OldPlayer if there is spring football, how many 1,2 and 3rd rounders sit out for the draft? I think spring ball brings another laundry list of issues on its own.

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Recruits will jump and those seniors and draft eligible underclassmen will opt out so they can protect themselves and prepare themselves for the draft.

252BAMA

AKA: ALA2262
Bama Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
And herein lies the answer to the question(s) as to why they went through the motions of putting together a schedule and pretended there would be a season. They waited until now, and IMO didn't wait long enough, to prevent player transfers and recruit decommits.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I had the same thought and suggestion a few days ago.

The dichotomy these recruits are seeing right now strikes me. Consider Adeleye. He's watching the B1G administration and teams going down one road that isn't football, right? And on the other hand, what's going on in Tuscaloosa right now? (Well, yesterday.) Saban has Michael Jordan talking to the team via Zoom about his attitude and how he approached his athletic life. Quite the contrast.

Top Bottom