| OT Happy Hallmark Card Day!

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Lol. Hope everyone gave their favorite girl flowers today. Its for them that makes our life greatCBE13EE8-4E4D-4ED7-A1F4-A309D6BB578F.jpeg

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I've been using Mizuno RB's the last couple of months ... softer sound to me than the ProV line (and a softer feel as well in my opinion.) I've not hit the v1X but I've heard it's a harder ball than the regular ball. I read about the ProV1X having a higher ball flight which doesn't fit well for me in this area...especially this time of the year.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
ProV1X is a softer ball in my mind, but I also have never had luck stopping a ProV1 like they're famous for. I only hit ProV1X's simply because of the ball flight. I hit high irons anyways, so I love being able to go up and over with the extra ball flight help, which allows me to hit greens from a better trajectory that doesn't allow much movement once it hits

Last edited:

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
As I recall, the V1X has a compression of around 100 vs the ProV with about 90...depending on your swing speed, the 90 may be better for you. I'd have to look to see but I believe the RB Tour is 93 or so. I'd bet you'd like a Callaway Chrome soft.

You know what your swing speed is, Casey? it's not set in stone but if you're around 90 or less you'll have a better day with a softer ball...as soft of a compression you can find.

(Understand, a lot of what I'm calling a "soft feel" comes from my irons (Mizuno) and it's as much of a soft sound as it is how it feels on contact.)

Top Bottom