Official News Releases
- Jan 26, 2015
- Reaction score
A week after posting its season-best score on the road at Georgia, the No. 6-ranked Alabama gymnastics team blew past that mark, and No. 2 LSU, for a 197.725– 197.325 in Coleman Coliseum Friday night during the Crimson Tide's annual Power of Pink meet. Alabama goes to 5-1-0 on the season, while...
The Crimson Tide notched its second win in a row over the LSU Tigers during the Crimson Tide’s 17th-annual Power of Pink meet
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – A week after posting its season-best score on the road at Georgia, the No. 6-ranked Alabama gymnastics team blew past that mark, and No. 2 LSU, for a 197.725– 197.325 in Coleman Coliseum Friday night during the Crimson Tide's annual Power of Pink meet. Alabama goes to 5-1-0 on the season, while the Tigers fall to 4-2-0.
Luisa Blanco led the way with an incredible all-around performance, scoring a 39.825, the third highest all-around score in program history. She posted career-best scores on all four events for the second week in a row, going 9.925 on vault, 9.950 on the uneven bars and 9.975 on both the balance beam and floor exercise. Lexi Graber also posted a career-best 9.975 on the floor exercise.
Kaylee Quinn won the vault with a career-best 9.950, leading Alabama to a 49.450 team score. Blanco won the uneven bars, pushing the Tide to a 49.325. She also won the balance beam, pacing the Tide to a 49.400. Blanco and Graber closed out the meet and the Tigers on the floor exercise, tying for the top spot and leading Alabama to a 49.550 team score.
Head Coach Dana Duckworth Said
"Great meet, incredible team effort, incredible energy - it's wonderful to do it for a cause bigger than ourselves and to have that kind of success. We talked today about just having confidence, having faith, and if each individual person brought their very, very best, then teamwise, collectively, we would just let the results take care of themselves and that's really what happened."
Inside the Score Sheet
- The Tide's team total was its highest since going 197.825 against Florida on Feb. 3, 2017 during that season's Power of Pink meet
- Luisa Blanco's 39.825 in the all-around was the highest by a UA gymnast since Jeana Rice went 39.850 at the 2004 Southeastern Conference Championships
- The Tide's 49.450 on vault was its highest since going 49.500 on March 10, 2017 against Iowa State
- Alabama returns to the road, traveling to Fayetteville, Ark., to take on Arkansas on Friday, Feb. 26 in Barnhill Arena
- The meet will be streamed live on SECNetwork+ and will get underway at 7 p.m. CT
- The meet will also be broadcast on a taped delay basis on Saturday, Feb. 27 at 11:30 a.m. CT