| CURRENT EVENTS Greyhound racing was banned in Florida yesterday

TerryP

Ivory Club
Reaction score
It wasn't the "adopt a dog thing" that caught my attention, it was the racing news.

Pretty big industry down there...PBJ made a lot of money. Makes me wonder, he still in that business? @bamachine

planomateo

Ready to put Tejas in the rear view, hello Montana
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Owned a greyhound, great dog. Would own another in a heartbeat. Terrible living conditions many are in.

With more than 5.3 million votes, Amendment 13 overwhelmingly passed on Tuesday with 69% approval. The new legislation will outlaw the popular betting sport in the state by Dec. 31, 2020, putting 11 racetracks in the state out of business.
$200m and the state is subsidizing them?

The Greyhound Protection Amendment would reduce gambling by more than $200 million a year — a step that will put tax dollars back into the pockets of hard-working families across the state. This is because the state spends between $1 million and $3.3 million of your tax dollars annually to subsidize this dying industry since regulatory costs exceed revenues.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
But now some or a lot of these greyhound will be put to death. That is the sad thing about this Amend passing.

planomateo

Ready to put Tejas in the rear view, hello Montana
Ivory Club
Reaction score
They'll get adopted.

bamachine

Master Debater
Century Club
Reaction score
It wasn't the "adopt a dog thing" that caught my attention, it was the racing news.

Pretty big industry down there...PBJ made a lot of money. Makes me wonder, he still in that business? @bamachine
Not sure. Do not pay too much attention to his recent business dealings.

bama alum

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
We always pass the track in Ebro on the way to the beach. That's a good piece of property. Wonder what will become of it?

Top Bottom