| MBB/WBB Gregg Marshall resigns from Wichita State (contract settlement of $7.75 million.)

Elderfalsedemigod

Not an alter...maybe an altar
Century Club
Reaction score
Read article about this earlier. Very bad look if basically any of what has been alleged proves out

252BAMA

AKA: ALA2262
Bama Club
Reaction score
"He’s a maniac, a bully,” said a former assistant. “He disrespects people, brings up personal stuff, family, girlfriends.”

Among the allegations Stadium uncovered:

• Marshall punched Morris in the head during a practice in October of 2015. “I love my teammates, the city and Wichita State,” said Morris, who played at Wichita State from 2014-18. “But if I could go back to that day when he punched me, I would have left.”
  • Marshall choked Lindsted, then a Shockers assistant coach, at a practice during the 2016-17 season, sources said. Lindsted, now an assistant at Minnesota, declined comment.
  • Marshall taunted junior forward Isaiah Poor Bear-Chandler, who is of Native American descent, “to get back on his horse” and made “Indian howling noises” while in practice during the 2018-19 season.
  • Marshall body-shamed a former player by lifting his shirt up during a practice in the 2015-16 season, grabbing the player’s stomach and then mocking the player’s girth.
In the past two years, 10 players have transferred from Wichita State, including seven after last season. That’s nearly double the national average, and an unusually high number of defections for such a storied program. Each player Stadium contacted said Marshall’s treatment of players and coaches they experienced and witnessed was the primary reason for leaving the program. Stadium spoke to eight of the 10 players who left over the past two seasons.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Jeff Goodman has stated he has several sources backing up what he's reported on 3G's. Marshall stands his ground.

Reaction score
Marshall telling a player of Native American descent to "get back on his horse" in addition to making "Indian howling noises" during the 2018-19 season.

1605097938277.png

Rolltide24

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
Mocking a mans girth? That’s punching below the waist... that’s a low blow. If I were the player, I wouldn’t stand for that.

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
It's incredible he got a penny. Does he have to take his wife with him?

Bama Club
Reaction score
I would bet the Koch Brothers stroked that check.

Top Bottom