| NEWS Greg Sankey's Demand of Mississippi - SEC may ban Mississippi from hosting events if Confederate-based flag isn't changed

jlabit

Verified Member
Extra Point Club
Reaction score
Political correctness. All of this is political correctness. I deplore racism. I was a racist when I joined the Air Force at 18, being a young man raised in Mobile, Alabama. However, after 30 years in the AF, I saw first hand that the black airmen were no different than me. I still hate political correctness. Any one that finds Aunt Jemima Syrup as bad needs to see a shrink. I guess Florida State will change their name to something other than the "Seminoles".

TideatMileHigh

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
This isn't political correctness. This is a cultural revolution akin to what happened in Russia in the early 20th century. In that case, the bolsheviks led a crusade to purge the country of any semblance of cultural heritage from the Russian Empire.

In our case, it is a bunch of brain dead dolts leading a crusade to purge the United States' culture of any symbols regarding the country's early colonial heritage.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
He going by this all wrong! He should be talking with the State of Mississippi than the schools?

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Good. The sooner people FINALLY stop celebrating and honoring literal treason the better.

PurlJam

Century Club
Reaction score
Brett Favre has stated that Kaepernick will be seen as a hero for his stance, comparing him to Pat Tillman.....😞

XXL TideFan

Don't go there
Bama Club
Reaction score
A few years ago the state of Mississippi put the flag to a vote. If memory serves, the vote was not even close to keep it.

sk33tr

el jefe
Bama Club
Reaction score
sports + politics = SHOULDN'T EVEN BE A THING!!!

sports needs to stick to sports and not get involved in politics or political correctness (cant' STAND that term, btw)...and vice versa. politics needs to stick to politics and not get involved in sports.

the sec commissioner has no control over, nor does he have any authority over, what a state's flag looks like. and to punish the schools in that state for something THEY can't control is absolutely asinine. how about we punish the university of florida because they share a state with a school whose mascot is an indian. that makes just as much sense as the other.

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
This is nonsense. Sports and politics have been entwined longer than you or I or anyone on here have been alive. If the SEC Commissioner was pledging his undying loyalty to the Confederate flag and said that he hoped all states flew it would you have an issue with it then?

XXL TideFan

Don't go there
Bama Club
Reaction score
My bad, I thought you meant the treason of breaking from England. Succession is not treason. It is divorce for irreconcilable differences. What is truly sad is how many college educated idiots that we have. My 6th grade BLACK teacher was my inspiration to question authority and never accept as fact, what you have not researched. She shot a lot of holes into the narrative of the unCivil War. The Yankees invaded the south.
The definition of a civil war used to be 2 or more factions fighting for control of the same government. The South just left. You lack gravitas on this subject as well. My fucking ancestors were brought as slaves to this country also and before Africans were.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
When has anything remotely close to that happened? I have never once heard of anyone pledging undying support or requesting more flags. That's the hole in your point is that no one is whining about flying it more and more. The uproar comes when you start taking way people's abilities and freedoms, no matter how much you do or don't agree.

Top Bottom