| NEWS Greg Sankey's Demand of Mississippi - SEC may ban Mississippi from hosting events if Confederate-based flag isn't changed

bama alum

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
My comment isn't about what's on the flag or any moral ground or belief one way or the other. Where does Greg Sankey have the right to dictate a state's flag's design? He's overstepping his bounds here. Is the flag offensive? Of course, it is. That's for the citizens of Mississippi to decide, however.

So, I guess if you had SECCG tix to Hattiesburg, you might want to rethink your travel plans.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
That pre-posterus....period...
The SEC doesnt own Mizzizzippi...
way outside their perimeters here...

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
Bama Club
Reaction score
Uh oh aunt Jemima, uncle Ben,, Ole Miss, OAN, and gator bait. Wonder when the Dukes of Hazard will be banned.

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
Bama Club
Reaction score
They already tried banning Dixieland delight. That didn't work. If there is anything that is offensive it shouldn't need to be banned. That is just a tactic to control you.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
My theory is that people feel like they have to do something to show they are doing something about racism. The easy path and most visible path is to attack Elmer Fudd, Aunt Jemima and Statues. To fix the Core problem is MUCH more difficult because then you have to deal with the depth of the problem related to how people are raised and taught as well as things like absent fathers. These things are not easy to solve and does not provide a path for a quick news clip.

This is human nature. Look up bikeshedding as an example of this, people focus on trivial things naturally not the things that are more difficult deal with.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Spot on....
But lets remember this....
A lot of people are going to be racist, sexist, etc....
Thats just somes nature... need to try...but....
Kids learn by watching and hearing.....
Just not going too erase all evils.......just not possible....
True story....
Was in Los Angeles...bac...in 80s...at a bar...drinking...
One patron notice the accent......and started in on southerners and treatment of blacks...said thats why he hated racist southerners...treated blacks like they were Indians..
true story....

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
I hope UofA is bigger than that...
Then what..we have to get rid of states names that used slaves...Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, South Carolina, etc....
Burn all books that referenced slavery .....reminds me of the movie "planet of the apes" where all references were removed by the apes that referenced humans as the superior race over apes...
Put on trial all persons whose transcended from slave owners....
Put nothing past these liberals that want to correct all conceivable ills corrected with a stroke of a pen....

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Looks like the NCAA has stepped in now.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Someone from one of these states will have to take a stand and take this through the legal system all the way to the Supreme Court. I used to think they would align with the constitution but even that branch has become political so who knows how they would rule.

Top Bottom