Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
This JUCO has Bama in his top 5.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
One of the "bigs" at Maryland had declared. Oats first miss on targets this season?

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
It seems weird seeing Baylor and Bama as two finalist for a player...looks to be a decision between the Bears and Tide. Baylor has been strong lately.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
From the recruits Oats is bringing and and the ones that will leave or may leave this is going to be an entirely new roster. Hopefully for the better. I would still like to see Jones and Petty return. I believe both will or maybe I should should both should return.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I'm pessimistic on Petty.
Herb? Feel pretty sure he's coming back based on what I've learned. His draft entry is a self-eval so to speak.

My take here... @#80 chew on this a bit.

We're judging Oats and recruiting here, right? With Bruner, Bama is up against Maryland who looks to be losing one of their "bigs." It's my understanding Bama leads Maryland. Maryland, I think we'll all agree, is a damn good program.

Baylor is the third and the team I believe it's down to. Did you guys see the season Baylor was putting together? A damn good team...but the point here is if I'm not mistaken four of their starting five were transfers. Scott Drew is a hell of a coach in my opinion. This season, he's had a feast with the "transfer market."

For Oats to have Bama in the position they are in with Bruner? I'm impressed. So far for this class, Oats' "targets" ... he's been hitting.

Bama Club
Reaction score

No one is a bigger fan of H. Jones than me. There is no way he gets drafted he has no jump shot. He has lost his confidence he shot the ball much better as a freshman. So he comes back and works on his shot. You are correct Maryland is a basketball school. So if some way we could win there it would be making a statement where our program is headed. I believe our future is bright. Drew has recruited length and that is the same thing CNO is doing. BTW I don't see Petty getting drafted either.

Bama Club
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Hawkins was picked up? The scholarship needs to be freed up.

bradenob

Extra Point Club
Reaction score
Did you hear a rumor that Petty wanted to go somewhere, Europe, whereever, and get paid? Maybe something about a kid? Again, just a rumor I hear, maybe on hear, but I think that may be the reason he moves on. It would be GREAT to see him return.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
I think I saw something on this board about him having a little girl. There are certainly circumstances where you need to do what is best for your family. I sometimes wander if you look at the big picture waiting one more year might be what is best even if the additional year is a struggle. Kind of like when Saban says if you are not in the first round you should come back. A lot of money to be made by coming back if you can get drafted higher. It does take one more year of sacrifice but Petty has to decide if that is best for his situation.

Reaction score
JMO but I don't want any of the players back unless they intend to give it all they got each game. Nate tried his best to find and play those that had heart and some failed and more than once.

1586524459441.png

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I agree. I'm in the boat that if you've made it this long and far, what's 8-10 more months? Especially when it could mean a reward of five times more profitability. But once again, I'm not in their shoes and don't know their situation.

Top Bottom