| RECRUIT ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ GaQuincy McKinstry (CB - 5'11.5", 175lbs) commits to Alabama

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
Bama Club
Reaction score
That's being racist against short people. The PC police will be coming to see you at a Twitter near you:p

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
IKR!! From my coaching experience, this is true. We once had a kid that was 6'2" maybe 6'3" and he could jump out of the gym, probably a 38-40" vertical guy and explosive leaper. He also played DB for us. Kid was left-handed and his only skills were running and dunking. He had no shot outside of 3' and couldn't dribble with his right hand to save his life. Well, the basketball coach was telling him he should quit football and concentrate on his sport. Naturally, that doesn't sit well with football guys and it shouldn't sit well with any coach. By the way, college coaches LOVE athletes, not just the kids that play their sport. Love versatility. Our DB coach told him basically what I said, "kids his height are a dime a dozen and you had best be amazing with the ball and shoot it. He took this advise and played 4 years at Alabama State in their secondary.

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Just to "piggy back" off of my basketball story and how college coaches love an athlete. My first year coaching, I had a kid that threw 93-94 mph and had some killer stats! He was also a pretty dang good basketball player, averaging 27-28 a game. He was 6'5" 215 , straight A's, 30+ on the ACT, Tops in his class, student body president, etc. He came to me and told me that he was feeling some pressure to sign a basketball scholarship from the coach at B'ham Southern at the time, Duane Reboul sp?. He really wanted to see what baseball might have for him. I called all over the place trying to get a college coach to speak with me and maybe give this kid a tryout. No one would return my call. Lo and behold, I call LSwho and Skip Bertman actually answered the phone. I told him the situation and he asked what other sports he played. He asked me what offers he had and I told him that Bham Southern was his best. He then explained to me the scholarship situation with baseball, 11.7 horse shit. He told me to tell the kid to sign with them and that he would call the baseball coach, Brian Shoop at the time, and he guaranteed that he would be pitching there before he left. He then told me about Ben McDonald and how he came to LSwho on a basketball scholarship and then just left it to play baseball. He said he loved athletic kids that could play more than one and excel. My kid signed with BSU, played basketball and pitched out of the bullpen in a reliever role his last 3 seasons. He also led all divisions in 3 point FG % his last 3 seasons. I really wished he had stuck it out with football. He was a QB in Jr high, but quit playing because his best friend played QB too.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Announcing October 25th.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Welp, can't be Auburn... "DB @ THE University of ..."

Screenshot_20201006-084642_TweetCaster.jpg

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
Absolutely love the spirit of this kid, because this day in age it's almost impossible to make it through the storm of High School coaches, AAU coaches, 7 on 7 coaches, and college recruiters telling him to focus on 1 sport. Just from the jump that tells me the kid is brave and absolutely loves to compete.

As an Alabama football fan, the 2 sport recruit doesn't get me that excited though... Simply because it will be so hard to beat out other 4-5 stars who are focused year round on making this a full time career. I have a pretty good understanding of the demands of a college hoops program has for it's players, and believe I generally understand how challenging the UA football calendar can be. He will have a lot on his plate!

Rooting for this kid in general... I hope he starts a healthy trend!! RTR

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I haven't seen him play basketball but I do know of a guy who has called a few of his basketball games. He's not D1 talent on the hardwood.

I don't know if they are pitching him to play two at Bama: I know Auburn has been and continues to...Pearl recruiting him as hard, if not harder, than Gus but it's Gus who is the beneficiary.

He was in Tuscaloosa last week handing out with friends who are on the football team. A week ago I would have said he's leaning to Auburn due to Pearl and the basketball pitch. Things change and it appears the 'momentum' is swinging Bama's direction.

I'd love to see Bama get this one. I believe he'll be one playing in the league after three years in college.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
I don't follow Farrell. I just received a text saying he's put in his CB for Bama.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Both Rivals and 274 are showing him trending to Bama...more picks on Rivals this morning.

Reaction score
These 15 minutes of game recruiting shows sometime turn into the highlights of the players career.

I remember when all we had was the local paper to follow on the day after NSD then Forrest Davis got us the book.

I moved to Montgomery in 71 and the Montgomery Advertiser did a pretty good job with both the cow college and The King on the signing day deal. I remember Steadman Shealy's parents were asked which school did Steadman sign with and his parents stated they weren't sure because he was in the woods hunting. Things change.

17Champs

Century Club
Reaction score
One of the writers for ITAT, Keith Niebuhr, has CB'd Kook-Aide to Bama. He was asked about it on their forum.

“Do we have a shot at all?”
Keith’s answer: “ Believe that one has slipped away.”

Top Bottom