| FTBL FSU coaching search now targeting Deion Sanders?

rammerjammer

Gump 4ever
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
@TerryP , it is funny you should mention Finus. I have yet to hear anyone speak anything good about that guy. Had a patient this morning (that you might know). He apparently ran in those circles, because he claimed to know everyone down there. He didn't have any love loss for Finus, or Bill Battle. He didn't like Ray Perkins either. He didn't spread a whole lot of dirt, but as we talked and I would speak my opinion, he would affirm it with, "you're spot on".

A sticking point that I made was the Nike Contract and how he sold us short. This guy is convinced that Battle made money off of the deal and is part of the reason the University didn't have as big a package as comparable to other universities in the same atmosphere as UA.

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
I just can't see Bob Stoops taking that job. How can a group that has been so dysfunctional for the last 7-8 years over spending money on facilities, all of a sudden get their shit together for 1 coach?
Well, we weren't exactly a well-oiled machine (overall, perhaps facilities weren't in a ditch quite so) when our one coach showed up.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Jacob Coker.

Neither had an impact while at FSU, both extremely good players with Alabama.

The change in Dickerson from FSU to Bama is crazy. That alone goes back to the comparisons with Shula in '06 and the state of the program. Very little discipline and improvement found from their S&C program.
I feel like Dickerson had plenty of impact at Florida State. I simply feel he saw the writing on the wall and got his ass gone. He was highly ranked as a recruit and started at Florida State for two years being their best lineman.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
I feel like Dickerson had plenty of impact at Florida State. I simply feel he saw the writing on the wall and got his ass gone. He was highly ranked as a recruit and started at Florida State for two years being their best lineman.
He only played in about a dozen games in the three years he was at FSU.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
He only played in about a dozen games in the three years he was at FSU.
Pretty sure that was because of injuries, but he was still their best lineman and the only lineman they could count on.

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I may be wrong but I don't remember a time when a local TV/radio sports reporter broke news of this magnitude. Personally, I don't believe Bob is a legit name here but I have nothing to base that upon other than what I think.

I do look for a hard run at brother Mark.
TV/radio reporters get paid to make and break big stories. I am sure some are just trying to get ahead of the curve when they say Big Game Bob. Personally, I would be shocked as all get out if he took this job.

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Well, we weren't exactly a well-oiled machine (overall, perhaps facilities weren't in a ditch quite so) when our one coach showed up.
True! Our bunch was stuck in the past. We had tons of issues with the indoor facility, because we either tried to save a $ or we rushed it along. That turf for the time I was there was worse than playing in the Coleman parking lot!!! I actually think the parking lot would've been softer!!! I saw guys leave that building with worse road rash than a guy laying a motorcycle down at 70mph wearing nothing but shorts and a smile.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Pretty sure that was because of injuries, but he was still their best lineman and the only lineman they could count on.
I don't see how you can say that given the most starts were as a freshman. Sure, they saw the potential just like the NFL did with the other offensive lineman from that season. I looked at their depth chart over the summer and as I recall there were at least five on that 2016 teams OL that made the league.

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
In this case it was "paid to make up stories." 🤷‍♂️
Probably so to be truthful with you. The magical question is why would Urban Meyer or Bob Stoops go to FSU? Nothing to prove IMO, let one of the young bucks deal with all the "stuff" a successful head coach deals with. LOL

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I don't see how you can say that given the most starts were as a freshman. Sure, they saw the potential just like the NFL did with the other offensive lineman from that season. I looked at their depth chart over the summer and as I recall there were at least five on that 2016 teams OL that made the league.
It was no secret he was their most dependable lineman, even as a Freshman. He was a name you recognized and a name the broadcasters spoke about a lot. There are plenty of linemen in the NFL that weren't noteworthy in college. Seantrel Henderson is a big name that always comes to mind as he was a joke at Miami and made the starting rotation with the Vikings I believe. I was more surprised when I saw Dickerson's name that he had transferred because I knew he was a very solid lineman. When you were telling everyone you wouldn't be shocked to see him 2nd string or starting I always echoed those sentiments, because I believed it as well from what I knew about him at Florida State, not from any Alabama practices.

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
Guess Saban to FSU is a done deal. Think we could get Shula to come back?

EDIT: Maybe not. They now say Shula, Don Shula.

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
Oh lord this keeps getting better and better.

Saban obviously can't rebuild as Bama was already the powerhouse it is when he got here.

And just in case anyone was not aware, InsideFSU is an obvious troll account. They post all kinds of stupid stuff. Like "How tall celebrities are* sorry for my honkie autocorrect " and "Whoever invented auto play is a piece of shit scumbag "

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Deion Sanders? Sounds like FSU has hit the Mike Shula phase of the search.
With the glaring exception of coaching experience found with Sanders. This comment from Klatt is amusing. "It makes sense" because we've seen the CEO models around college football. He doesn't have coaching experience but here's his niche according to JK. Then again, he doesn't have any CEO or recruiting experience either ...

Top Bottom