| OT Former Tide baseball player, Georgie Salem, has one hell of a groom's cake for his wedding. (One of the best BAMA ones I've seen.)

MomOfMamasBoys

Registered

“Dude that is waaaaaaay to long. Must have been a mamas boy :).”

[/QUOTE]

HELLO THERE! You’re correct! Both of my boys are Mommas Boys😂. (FYI MOST BOYS RAISED IN THE SOUTH ARE) I’m the mom who paid for the cake which seems to upset 10% the people who see it because they’re much more cautious and careful with money than me :ROFLMAO:. The bride nor groom even knew about the cake. My son had scholarships for school, bought his own house without any help from parents & hasn’t asked for one penny of money since he graduated from college. He is a much better human than I am; volunteering all over the community for too many things to list here with a heart of gold for special needs adults with many attending his wedding:love:. I posted the picture for all Bama Fans to enjoy and celebrate. Most people think it’s really cool & don’t throw in negativity. Yes, it cost a pretty penny....I also have two careers, work very hard, and have no daughters to have to pay for a big wedding. Try to enjoy the pictures. The cake was more for me...so call me selfish, UA’s Sewell Thomas Stadium is where I spent eight of the happiest years of my life (Four when I volunteered for Alabama Baseball under Barry Shollenberger in the 80’s) & four watching my son play. I helped raise an outstanding human and a tremendous athlete. Proud of my boys and my new daughter-in-law. Roll Tide to all!! Roll Tide #BamaBaseball #Groomscake #SewellThomasStadium

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
“Dude that is waaaaaaay to long. Must have been a mamas boy :).”

HELLO THERE! You’re correct! Both of my boys are Mommas Boys😂. (FYI MOST BOYS RAISED IN THE SOUTH ARE) I’m the mom who paid for the cake which seems to upset 10% the people who see it because they’re much more cautious and careful with money than me :ROFLMAO:. The bride nor groom even knew about the cake. My son had scholarships for school, bought his own house without any help from parents & hasn’t asked for one penny of money since he graduated from college. He is a much better human than I am; volunteering all over the community for too many things to list here with a heart of gold for special needs adults with many attending his wedding:love:. I posted the picture for all Bama Fans to enjoy and celebrate. Most people think it’s really cool & don’t throw in negativity. Yes, it cost a pretty penny....I also have two careers, work very hard, and have no daughters to have to pay for a big wedding. Try to enjoy the pictures. The cake was more for me...so call me selfish, UA’s Sewell Thomas Stadium is where I spent eight of the happiest years of my life (Four when I volunteered for Alabama Baseball under Barry Shollenberger in the 80’s) & four watching my son play. I helped raise an outstanding human and a tremendous athlete. Proud of my boys and my new daughter-in-law. Roll Tide to all!! Roll Tide #BamaBaseball #Groomscake #SewellThomasStadium
[/QUOTE]

Like said above, no need to apologize for how you decide to spend your money and the gestures you decide to provide others. It was a very nice idea and you pulled it off! I was one that said I would never spend that money on a cake or wedding, but I am willing to bet people wouldn't spend what I spend on saltwater fish and game worn jerseys. To each their own! I think you pulled off a killer looking cake.

More importantly than anything, Roll Tide.

Rolltide24

Verified Member
Century Club
That’s one sweet cake MOMB!! Heck, the wedding is a big event, you blew it out with that cake, it looks incredible. Beautiful bride and handsome groom. I’m sure it was a wonderful wedding.

And glad you found our site! Hope you’ll hang around a while. Some good Bama folks around here. Mostly good, at least!

Last edited: