| OT Former Tide baseball player, Georgie Salem, has one hell of a groom's cake for his wedding. (One of the best BAMA ones I've seen.)

TerryP

Ivory Club

EuOtBGDXIAE00o6

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
That is one awesome cake. I just can't understand spending all that money on a wedding that you vaguely remember as it speeds by and get five hours of fun out of. Just not a big wedding spender or believer in all of that hubbub.

My wife and I got married at Boone Hall Plantation in Charleston out back and it cost us a total of $1,000. That included her dress, chair rental, photographer, donation to church of the preacher that wed us, and everyone's entry fee. We still get compliments on our pictures and how "we wish we would have done what y'all did". It was small of course (40 people), but we had the ones we wanted there the most, we weren't flustered at all, and had a great time.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
That is one awesome cake. I just can't understand spending all that money on a wedding that you vaguely remember as it speeds by and get five hours of fun out of. Just not a big wedding spender or believer in all of that hubbub.

My wife and I got married at Boone Hall Plantation in Charleston out back and it cost us a total of $1,000. That included her dress, chair rental, photographer, donation to church of the preacher that wed us, and everyone's entry fee. We still get compliments on our pictures and how "we wish we would have done what y'all did". It was small of course (40 people), but we had the ones we wanted there the most, we weren't flustered at all, and had a great time.
Awesome...as a male....thats the way it should be....

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Curious if the wife felt the same way :).

Luckily she was right on board. My wife is not materialistic, so she's not big on wasting money. Jewelry doesn't make her happy, she's not a Valentine's Day type person because it's something that is "socially" demanding more than anything. I hit the jackpot on that front. That being said, she is a clean neat freak. Can get annoying witb four kids under ten running around, ha ha.

mando

Sideline Club
Luckily she was right on board. My wife is not materialistic, so she's not big on wasting money. Jewelry doesn't make her happy, she's not a Valentine's Day type person because it's something that is "socially" demanding more than anything. I hit the jackpot on that front. That being said, she is a clean neat freak. Can get annoying witb four kids under ten running around, ha ha.
If any of them are boys she is fighting a losing battle. Might get better when they move out or will have to use a big stick ALL the time :).

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
If any of them are boys she is fighting a losing battle. Might get better when they move out or will have to use a big stick ALL the time :).

Man, I have three girls and one boy. Hoping our lack of need for an expensive and massive wedding is accepted and wanted by them. That, or I'm hoping the cultural shift between a bride's parents paying for a wedding to the groom's parents, ha ha!