| NEWS Former AD Bill Battle is Battling Covid

bama alum

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
(Admin, if you want to merge this with the long thread, that's fine.)

From Rick Karle's fb page:

1596293067439.png

I’m a bit shocked by tonight’s news, but I’m
also hoping that all will be well with an Alabama legend.

The University of Alabama officials have announced that Crimson Tide legend and former Athletic Director Bill Battle is at UAB Hospital battling COVID-19.

The 78-year-old cancer survivor has released this statement:

“I appreciate the prayers and well-wishes from so many, and want to let you know that I’m stable and resting comfortably. I’ve got great doctors and nurses at UAB looking after me and expect to make a full recovery. Time and patience are important in the meantime.”

Please offer your best to a man of class and dignity as he fights the virus.

Picture courtesy Sports Videos
Alabama Football University of Alabama Athletics

Side note: Both he and my mother were at UA together. They both took a health class together one semester, and they were once CPR partners. I always teased her about Battle being her boyfriend.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Prayers for Bill. This could turn bad at his age and with his health history. Hope not. He certainly should get very good health care treatment.

rammerjammer

Gump 4ever
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
While I wish no ill will for Bill, I still have not forgiven him for screwing us over on the Nike contract.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I still believe this is overblown. I've seen many point to Michigan's deal and try to compare it to Bama's all the while ignoring the point the "gold rush" for apparel deals started after the Alabama deal was signed.

Note: Just about everyone said/thought the last deal ended in June of 2018. They were wrong. Remember, the NIKE contract was extended in 2013.

If he'd signed a deal with UA, I'd be with you 1000% percent. Just look at their deals with AU and UCLA.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
As smart a business man he was......
But...yeah..overblown criticism.....Monday morning QBing

Reaction score
I don't know Bill personally but he comes off as a Classy guy. He was one of Coach Bryant's favorites. That's good enough for me. Wishing him a speedy recover.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
I wish him well also but he was tainted a little bit with his time coaching in Vile country :).

Top Bottom