| OT Finally had the balls to ask where Halls got their steaks. This is tailgate food..

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Are their Upstate locations pretty good, too?

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
They got me on that one. The waitress asked if I'd like to have some of their Truffle butter on the ribeye. I'm like, "sure, what the heck, I do that at the house at times."

2 @ 11 bucks a pop. It was well worth it, great addition to the steak. But, I had to laugh.
Best friends' birthday is the 29th of next month. He decided yesterday we're (he) grilling steaks. We ran across Lobel's of NY yesterday when we were surfing around looking at different mail order / delivery options.

Look at the marbling on their Wagyu.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
A lady I hang out with has a son who is the Sous chef at the Nexton location. He recently 'transferred' there from the same job in Greenville. He just stopped by to return some tools and I asked him what he considered to be the difference between locations (aside from the downtown location that was closed due to the riots damage. :) )

"Literally, nothing" as far as the food is concerned. The atmosphere/ambiance is different in all four three now. The area we were in only had three tables running (out of five.) It was divided up a lot like the old Queen Anne's Revenge was on Daniel Island.

The same group owns Cotton Club downtown. Trying to compare the two would be like comparing Waysider to McDonalds.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
By the way, on Lobel's...love this.

Where can I find you in Yankee Stadium?
You can get our USDA Prime Steak Sandwiches at Lobel's Carving Stations, which are located near Sections 134 and 321. You can also find our demonstration butcher shop at Section 134, where you can watch world-class butchers cut meat for use at venues throughout the stadium.

Current menu items include the USDA Prime Steak Sandwich, Classic Meatloaf Burger, USDA Prime Burger, Hickory Molasses Glazed Grilled Chicken Sandwich, and Steak and Potato Fries.

Can I get your sandwiches anywhere else?

Not at this time.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Chatting with an atty a bit ago and asked him what he thought the difference was between downtown and Nexton. His response was...unique?

"At that price point they 'have' to be the same with their food." He's got a point. He's been to all five practicing in 'Cola and Greenville.

The downtown location has been critically acclaimed. It is in the Charleston Peninsula/Grill "genre," ya know?

It's a unique chain: 'chain' being a horrible word here.

You'll have to be the judge. I've had some good meals, I ate my ass off that night sharing appetizers, etc.

A friend of mine works for the postal service and she ate there about three weeks ago...

..She's audacious now. Short blonde, nudging 50, accustomed to throwing heavy packages around all day. If she weighs 110...

"This is Hall's, ma'am" in response to her questioning how they defined medium rare.

It was cooked to perfection.

It would likely be 45 minutes from where you guys stayed last time.

PurlJam

Century Club
Reaction score
Went and tried my hand at the dry aging process....went 30 days for the first experiment. (Beef Tenderloin and Ribeye). Top pic is the first trimmed and cut Ribeyes on the left and the dry aged pre trimmed on the right. Bottom pic is the beef tenderloin trimmed and sliced 2" thick, with the ribeyes covered with garlic butter. Don't know if I can eat another "wet aged" again. :)

DARibeys.jpg

DABTenderlion.jpg

PurlJam

Century Club
Reaction score
I got a fridge just for the dry aging process for Fathers day. Don't have to worry much about the humidity control here, but I maintained the temp at 37 degrees. Put the meat on the 2 racks, each above a pan of salt, fridge circulates the air good, closed the door and let them do their thing. I only peaked a couple of times(day 14 and day 21) to make sure my temp and humidity were maintaining. Took them out this past Friday. They trimmed up nicely.

Day 1

Day 1.jpg

Day 30

Day 30.jpg

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Here's the problem I have. I have a fridge in the kitchen, of course, and one in the mud room where I keep drinks (water, a few soft drinks, juice, etc.) I have a fridge on the patio for beer, water, etc. so I don't have to go inside. Where do I find the room? Am I supposed to walk inside every time I want a cold one?!?!? I get enough exercise as it is.

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
Bama Club
Reaction score
I'm looking at a small refrige with a freezer on top to keep frozen stuff. Need a thermometer to regulate the dry age process. It would be too warm for beer.

Top Bottom