| FTBL 🏈 FALL CAMP 2019 🏈 Updates from the Tide's final fall scrimmage

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
Is there a more pressure packed non QB player in CF than the Alabama kicker?! Between the high stakes, rabid fan base, and stigma I can't imagine a guy dealing with more shit. Makes me wonder if it's not just about the guys we recruit... Like how good would some have the elite kickers in CF done dealing with that heat from day 1?

Regardless - I sure as hope Reichard is the answer. Just start well and get some positive momentum... RTR

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
Well that's a huge bummer for that kid... 5th year finally getting the nod and now he's done.

I wonder if there's a 6th year possibility? Sounds crazy but I'd be all for the kid leaving with his Masters

Destiny's Child

It's Rolling Baby
Extra Point Club
Reaction score
Well that's a huge bummer for that kid... 5th year finally getting the nod and now he's done.

I wonder if there's a 6th year possibility? Sounds crazy but I'd be all for the kid leaving with his Masters
Me too. Very upset for Joshua. He waited his time put in a ton of work to improve himself to play this year and gets hit with another thing to overcome. I hope he can use it as motivation and keep pushing thru. I am sure the NCAA will give him a medical considering it was in camp when it happened.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
That type of snap %'s would be ideal.
I don't think we're going to see that. That opinion isn't shaped by what's happened with Wynn (behind Dale and Mathis.) On a good note they're believing they can get more snaps behind Ray with Eboigbe.
So what else are you hearing, Terry
I've never heard a lot about Ford. It's all about his story and the lack of exposure, really. It's not a case of not knowing he's been back there. I can't recall who it was that had most of the spotlight his high school years. There may have been two kids that were recruited more heavily. He played a lot of wide out in high school which is a natural fit for the third down back role we've seen. He's quick.

(From spring, through summer, and so far this fall I'm still Brian Robinson guy this year. A "where did he come from" is going to be heard from the press box.)

RTB Twitter Bot

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Tua Tagovailoa on how much quicker he is going through his progressions: “I’m just taking what the defense gives me now. If they’re going to give me the first read, I’m not going to pass it up. You never go broke taking a profit.”

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
“Josh McMillon suffered an injury to his right knee Saturday that will require surgery and keep him out for an indefinite period. We have a great medical staff here and he will have the full support of everyone in the organization as he goes through the rehab process. We are confident Josh will make a full recovery.”

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Playing zone coverage against our offense is a given. I think we are also going to see a lot of 8-man fronts. Book it Danno!
By that, you mean 8 in the box? That would be a death sentence for any defense.

I really hate to hear of any players getting seriously hurt but I feel even more bad for a guy like Josh. A program guy that has stayed and busted his ass to try and get on the field when he could much easier have just transferred somewhere else like so many others do. Hopefully the NCAA grants him a medical redshirt.

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
By that, you mean 8 in the box? That would be a death sentence for any defense.
More a pick your poison moment. We are going to be more run-oriented. One extra in the box is a given. Any team that can't stop our running game, it's over. The death sentence for opponents is if teams try to play man vs our receivers with the 8-man fronts. I think we are going to see a lot of zone and Tua is going to have to be more patient with his reads.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Going through your progressions takes time so how successful our offense will be depends on the pass protection. Also, if the first couple of reads are taken away it may create a few more hits to the QB.

footballer

Sideline Club
Reaction score
I hope our offense will be unpredictable all year, from the first whistle till the last, in every game. You have to keep the defense off balance, not knowing what the hell you're going to do. By the end of the season last year, it seemed as if clem-son knew exactly what we were going to do.
We were too predictable and we could not overpower or overcome them. It was like they studied our play book all year, they knew our tendencies, our pass routes and when and where we would run. Against good defenses, you have to do the unexpected.

94 Grad

Century Club
Reaction score
Me too. Very upset for Joshua. He waited his time put in a ton of work to improve himself to play this year and gets hit with another thing to overcome. I hope he can use it as motivation and keep pushing thru. I am sure the NCAA will give him a medical considering it was in camp when it happened.
Just depends.... He's a 5th year, correct? Was his "redshirt" used due to injury? If so, he'll most likely get a 6th; however, if he sat out his Freshman year to develop, then there is a good chance he won't. The NCAA used to be very strict on 6th year grants and you only got them if you needed it due to two years being lost to injury. In recent times, they have softened on that stance a bit... but it could still go against him.

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Timing is everything. Josh hung around waited it out and this season is almost the perfect storm for him to be able to start at Alabama. Between Wilson leaving early and Moses a good possibility of leaving early after this season, to the heir apparent to the ILBer throne being super young, with Lee, Kaho, and Moody. Even Benton has been in the system awhile now but still growing. I think Josh will take a hard look at these kids success even if he gets another year.

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
More a pick your poison moment. We are going to be more run-oriented. One extra in the box is a given. Any team that can't stop our running game, it's over. The death sentence for opponents is if teams try to play man vs our receivers with the 8-man fronts. I think we are going to see a lot of zone and Tua is going to have to be more patient with his reads.
I mean I get that Saban is saying he wants to go back to more run-heavy stuff but I don't see any reason to think that's the case. Tua is out here talking about how many 4-wide sets we're using and its Sark... There are times I think Sark forgets he even has a running back. The only benefit of that is I think that Alabama has the weapons to still make it work, as long as the run is mixed in SOME. I just dont see the team being more "run-oriented" than last year.

Top Bottom