• Guest Holiday graphics can be disabled in your preferences. Happy Holidays!

| FTBL Expected coaching changes.

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Schedules, Terry...

Is that after playing these same teams plus Oklahoma & Clemson? Or Just regular seasons only?

Ultimately though - Like I've said many times on here.... Right or wrong, these teams are basically judged on only a couple games a year when the talent disparity is in the same ballpark. Both Auburn & LSU scored easily on this D. And those were the ONLY ranked teams on the schedule this season.

LSU has been fantastic offensively this year... On the other hand Auburn, with a freshman QB, even if you take 2 possessions out of the game scores 31 points. The same season that both Tulane & Mercer held them under 25.

I don't think anyone cares about stats that include Western Carolina anymore. Alabama in 2019 is judged on a different scale, which is the unfortunate (or fortunate) truth about having so much success over this "Dynasty" era.

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Terry believes the way the defense plays against New Mexico State is just as important as how they play against LSU... it's not.

Alabama played a grand total of five teams with winning records:
Southern Miss (LMAO): 226 yards and 7 points
Texas A&M: 389 yards, 28 points
Tennessee: 231 yards, 13 points
LSU: 559 yards, 46 points
Auburn: 354 yards, 48 points

This is why people pointed at Alabama's schedule and laughed. When you have two ranked opponents TOTAL on your schedule and give up 94 points and nearly 1,000 yards between em you really should probably be playing in the Little Ceasar's Bowl.

Reaction score
There was drive in the 1st half (that Jack Daniels single barrel was great) where the barn had 3rd down and at least 10 three times and made it each time by pass or penalty (#2).. 3 times and you can't stop them.

Vabama77

Sideline Club
Reaction score
The schedule schtick is really getting old and it's sad our own fans are buying into it. U can't really judge a schedule until seasons end. U play the games and have to hope that opponent has a good year after playing u. It's probably the biggest flawed talking point in CFB.

Vabama77

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Next year we LL play USC and Georgia within the first month ...beat both and Heather Dimbitch or some talking head will still question our resume'. It'll never end .

Reaction score
2020 will be rebuilding deal for The King. I believe we will trend a little more back to an attempt to pound them offense with the running game. The passing game will not be as explosive due some of our receivers leaving but we still should have the players to be real successful throwing. Mack has gotten a real head start on 2020 already with one more to go.

BAMAneck

Extra Point Club
Reaction score
Wonder if Charlie strong will get a call from saban

Vabama77

Sideline Club
Reaction score
I still think looking at the West next year I'd pick us even from a nonbiased point of view. The stars aligned for lsu this year and the barn loses most if not all of that defense. Don't see a better team out there, but might have to take UGA down twice.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
The talent will be there next year as it was this year....no shortage....
The injuries played a hugh part,...but our coaching and focus was lacking...penalties...and as @JoseyWalesTheOutlaw put it..3rd down on D...
Coaching and focus can be fixed.... and sure NS will fix that....
Talent will be hugh....again....schedule will be tough...no DUKE.....
USCw and UGA.....early....at improving TN and at LSU.... the other @s ole ms and Ark..no problem...
.....so...who goes..bye.and thanks....who stays...need leadership and playmakers..
Cant wait...

NickelDoubleDog

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Glen Schuman seems like far and away the best fit and a guy who could reinvent the D.

I don't know all the details, but UGA's defense is awesome and I have read repeatedly that their version is much, much simpler than Saban's. Schuman has Alabama ties and UGA fans think he's awesome and a huge part of their D success.

In addition, you strengthen your team while weakening UGA's D.

Justneedme81

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Glen Schuman is a long shot. I think he's close to Kirby than he was with Saban. Not sure if he wants to be DC or what. I'm not ready to take on someone who is not proven coach.

Justneedme81

Sideline Club
Reaction score
I don't think we will see Golding leaving after while.... did anyone listen to Saban's post interview after the game and how he spoke about Golding? it sounded like he was banking on him coming back.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
So in the last 13 games, the Alabama's defense has give up 44+ points 3 times and lost all of those games.

That's ugly.

Top Bottom