• Guest Holiday graphics can be disabled in your preferences. Happy Holidays!

| FTBL Expected coaching changes.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
I first heard about this the week Bama played Mississippi State. I didn't post anything about it out of respect for him, as a person.

I hope and pray this thread and the responses keep that in mind.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
The tweet takes a jab that Bama needs a real DC. So what was it that Saban saw in Golding if he made him DC? Does not seem like that is something Saban would do if he didn't think the guy would do a good job. A lot for any DC to overcome with all the injuries and departures that Golding had to deal with.

BTW who is Ricky Green and does he have credibility?

Any issues this could create for recruiting since it leaks the day after the crap game and right before early signing day.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I don't know him. He lists a site in his Twitter bio I woudn't point an Auburn fan in direction of ...

But that being said, I posted this because it's out there now. I trust the people (as in plural) I heard this from.

kbama15

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Good afternoon and Roll Tide! Tough loss last night! You think USCe will fire Muschamp?

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
Bama Club
Reaction score
None of us know nothing about why a coach makes decisions. We are just being the armchair director of the game. We are great at having 2020 vision after the play is over. I'll bet some of us talk to the tv and announcers like they can hear us. I know I have yelled don't kick a fg on 4th down a hundred times. They ain't listening.

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
Unfortunate for the bearded one in his personal situation.... Hopefully that ends well.

And hopefully the next DC can improve on all levels.... As I'm sure BBJ would agree is very achievable. A lot of youngsters got a lot of valuable experience this year.

Reaction score
I thought the addition of Sal and Charles Kelly would have been a real help to Pete. Throw in Vinnie as a grad assistant as a plus for knowing Nick's system so well. What this bunch is missing as much if not more than anything is a Lead Dog like Vinnie. It is POSSIBLE the production/play of the ILBers was so bad that the rest of the defense just couldn't overcome. The concern is that after 12 games 8 and 35 have shown you nothing that makes you think they will be good. Neither has any football savvy and that would have come with them before they were ever issued jocks and socks. You either have that or you don't.

Rolltide24

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
No sacks yesterday freshman QB that isn’t known as a great runner. Several games where we didn’t bring the needed pressure on QBs.

Just thinking this morning. When was the last time Bama threw 2 pick-6’s in a game? And when was the last time Bama didn’t beat a ranked team during a season. I’d guess both were pre-CNS era but I don’t know the answers.

Hate the coach has personal issues, I don’t wish that on anyone. Maybe we should have let someone else handle the duties given his situation? Either way, we need a much better hire this time.

colbyjacks

Verified Member
Sideline Club
Reaction score
Hopefully the personal issues can be resolved in a positive manner. Wish the guy nothing but success moving forward. I also hope this leaking out, right before early signing day, doesn’t affect us like it did last year with Tosh.

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Yes, every single OLB except Jennings. When he isn't on the field there is zero pass rush or penetration. Can't say Lewis because he probably plays 20% of snaps or else he stubs his toe and can't play anymore.

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
I think the biggest issue is that despite how awful Shane Lee played - especially in pass coverage - there was never even the slightest attempt to give Davis or Kaho or Benton or anyone else more playing time even int he slightest. He was an absolute liability the whole season. Harris was out of position A LOT but he isn't slow like Lee, at least.

Top Bottom