| FTBL Elias Ricks arrest resolution: guilty for speeding, marijuana charges dismissed.

Tidestalker

Crimson Tide Club
On the football side... This could crack the door for a couple really talented players to win more snaps.

Khyree Jackson is the obvious one to benefit. Is Tarion Arnold in the mix at CB or safety? I remember hearing so much about him coming into last year... Got lost in the depth. The one I thought might make a move by now was Jahquez Robinson. Great frame & length! Not sure how Devonta Smith has done since his arrival.

Looking at that D Backfield, I can't remember seeing more experience in the safety/nickle/dime packages. Hellams, Battle, Branch, and Moore all have 2 years of legit starting experience. If Kool-Aid and Khree/Ricks are at least solid, that bunch should be absolutely stellar! No excuses with this bunch!

footballer

Sideline Club
My bad. My thinking was not clear. Asking, thinking that caffeine may be a controlled substance. The drug is very deadly, even more so than alcohol and most other controlled substances. It takes very little to overdose on. Many years ago ( maybe 1978 ) a new guy fresh out of the military, came to work at my work place. He had brought some home with him from Germany. He said it was illegal here in the States but was legal over there in Germany. I put a very small amount, about enough to make a baby aspirin, into my Coke. Almost immediately, my motor was revved up near red line for the rest of the day. It scared the hell out of me. I never touched it again, learned my lesson.

TerryP

Misomaniac
Ivory Club
Do you know of any place, otc or at any pharmacy, where pure caffeine can be purchased?
Well, yes. You won't find a SC business license on the door but that's another story/thread.
Almost immediately, my motor was revved up near red line for the rest of the day. It scared the hell out of me. I never touched it again, learned my lesson.
It should be easy for you to see why some prefer "downs" versus "up's."

TerryP

Misomaniac
Ivory Club
On the football side... This could crack the door for a couple really talented players to win more snaps.
We've been through a decade and a half of seeing how Saban handles situations like this one. How do you figure that it could cost him snaps?

It's possible he misses a game, maybe a half. I doubt that.

OldPlayer

Bama Club
We've been through a decade and a half of seeing how Saban handles situations like this one. How do you figure that it could cost him snaps?

It’s possible he doesn’t miss any time. Saban will put him on a plan to do the right thing. EVERYTHING will be internal to the program. It’s a matter of learning life lessons.

BamaFan334

Scholarship Club
He made a mistake, we’ve all made mistakes. Doesn’t mean he’s stupid

A mistake is forgetting your wallet at the house and not having your license on you. Driving with drugs and without insurance is not a mistake, it's a behavior. He knows weed is illegal if caught. He knows you're not supposed to drive without insurance. It was stupid. And all of this as he's trying to take his career to the next level at a Championship program to make him millions of dollars. Yeah, it was stupid.

Tidestalker

Crimson Tide Club

How many snaps are in a game?

And after a decade and a half of seeing players "lose snaps" or "lose spots" on a team - How many of them start with 1 offense? Maybe all of them?

Not saying that's where this is going... But instead, "cracks the door" for someone else. How far that door opens depends on how Ricks handles himself and how much the others can take advantage.

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
A mistake is forgetting your wallet at the house and not having your license on you. Driving with drugs and without insurance is not a mistake, it's a behavior. He knows weed is illegal if caught. He knows you're not supposed to drive without insurance. It was stupid. And all of this as he's trying to take his career to the next level at a Championship program to make him millions of dollars. Yeah, it was stupid.
Could the weed have been nothing more than a few seeds? When I was doing my administrative classes in education, the school that I shadowed for 2 weeks had drug dogs come through the school and parking lot. Seeds were found in the backseat of one vehicle and the driver/owner refused to name names. He was expelled!! Another had seeds as well, but the car had been purchased only the week prior. Now if he had a bag of it or even several joints, then it was stupid!!

TerryP

Misomaniac
Ivory Club
How many snaps are in a game?

And after a decade and a half of seeing players "lose snaps" or "lose spots" on a team - How many of them start with 1 offense? Maybe all of them?

Not saying that's where this is going... But instead, "cracks the door" for someone else. How far that door opens depends on how Ricks handles himself and how much the others can take advantage.
It's going to be pretty hard for the door (to the starting role) to be cracked open for another starter when Ricks wasn't with the 1's leaving spring camp (due to both recovery and acclimation to the defensive schemes.)

Snaps = practice snaps. After a decade and a half of Saban we've seen the blueprint. In situations deemed worse, players haven't lost game snaps. Why should he, here?

If he steps outside of the requirements lain out for him this summer? Now we have a conversation.

TerryP

Misomaniac
Ivory Club
Could the weed have been nothing more than a few seeds? When I was doing my administrative classes in education, the school that I shadowed for 2 weeks had drug dogs come through the school and parking lot. Seeds were found in the backseat of one vehicle and the driver/owner refused to name names. He was expelled!! Another had seeds as well, but the car had been purchased only the week prior. Now if he had a bag of it or even several joints, then it was stupid!!
Now THAT would be stupid. How the hell is someone buying weed with seeds now-a-day? 🙃

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
They went through private vehicles in parkinglot?
Thats not right...

Top Bottom