| FTBL Elias Ricks arrest resolution: guilty for speeding, marijuana charges dismissed.

ElephantStomp

Bama Club
Whether true or not, I don't know. It's said if you're pulled over by the South Carolina Highway Patrol you're getting a ticket. I've heard 'mandatory' suggested, and doubt it to be true.

I've never met, nor meet anyone who has met, someone who has been pulled by the SCHP without getting a ticket; of some sort.
If I had to guess I’d say 90-95% of interactions with troopers end with a ticket. There’s several agencies here that have a “mandatory suggested” thing, so it wouldn’t surprise me if SCHP had that same thing going. I know of a agency here that’s Chief has a policy that every stop ends with paper written, whether a ticket or a written warning

Davestwin

Sideline Club
Smoking weed is automatically synonymous with a mental health issue? Uh ...

Assuming I'm right about seeing a counselor at one of the facilities UA uses ... they use those physicians and counselors due to their specialties.

To each his own. That's a big assumption here with Ricks.

It doesn't bother me to read others views. But again, to each his own. I'm sure I lean much farther towards legalization, of a lot of things, than you and a lot here.
Actually I’m for legalizing weed … but until it’s legal don’t have it on you or in your car … especially if you’re going to speed … even more so if you’re uninsured. If you do then accept the consequences for your actions. I admit I’m old but it used to mean something. For decades though personal responsibility has gradually eroded to the point everyone’s a victim … except the cops.

footballer

Sideline Club
I’m not sure how it is in other states, but here we don’t know insurance status until we make a stop and ask, so here there’s only a no proof of insurance. But, there are several states where your registration is flagged and as soon as law enforcement runs the tag it shows as no insurance
I live here in Jefferson County, Al. When i go to the court house in Birmingham to register a vehicle or to renew my tag, the DMV will not issue your new tag without insurance. You used to have to provide proof of said insurance, but these days the DMV already knows if your vehicle is insured or not, therefore my proof is not needed.

I am wondering, if you are going to pull a driver over for an infraction, does your department not have DMV information on every license plate regarding whether or not the vehicle is insured, as it is here in Al?

I have not been pulled over in a pretty long time, back before insurance was required. But I do know that now you do in fact have to carry proof of insurance in your vehicle at all times. As I had to show my proof after a small fender bender a couple of years ago.

rocknthefreeworld

Century Club
But, there are several states where your registration is flagged and as soon as law enforcement runs the tag it shows as no insurance
Georgia gets you for both. If you don't have insurance they flag your tag and you can get a ticket for it. If you do have insurance but don't have your card on you then you get the no proof charge. And they used to allow you to show up in court with proof you did have insurance but just not your card and get it thrown out but they removed that and now the failure to show proof is a charge even if you had insurance that the state knew about.

AFF

Century Club
I’m not sure how it is in other states, but here we don’t know insurance status until we make a stop and ask, so here there’s only a no proof of insurance. But, there are several states where your registration is flagged and as soon as law enforcement runs the tag it shows as no insurance
Georgia has this. Insurance linked electronically with vehicle registration.

rocknthefreeworld

Century Club
Georgia has this. Insurance linked electronically with vehicle registration.
Don't get pulled over without your cards till though. That is a ticket and you can't get it thrown out anymore just by bringing the card to court. At the same time, they have to take proof if it is on your phone, but if you hand them your phone unlocked then they can search it at will.

ElephantStomp

Bama Club
I live here in Jefferson County, Al. When i go to the court house in Birmingham to register a vehicle or to renew my tag, the DMV will not issue your new tag without insurance. You used to have to provide proof of said insurance, but these days the DMV already knows if your vehicle is insured or not, therefore my proof is not needed.

I am wondering, if you are going to pull a driver over for an infraction, does your department not have DMV information on every license plate regarding whether or not the vehicle is insured, as it is here in Al?

I have not been pulled over in a pretty long time, back before insurance was required. But I do know that now you do in fact have to carry proof of insurance in your vehicle at all times. As I had to show my proof after a small fender bender a couple of years ago.
Nope we don’t. Only thing at we know is when we approach the driver and ask for proof of insurance

ElephantStomp

Bama Club
Actually I’m for legalizing weed … but until it’s legal don’t have it on you or in your car … especially if you’re going to speed … even more so if you’re uninsured. If you do then accept the consequences for your actions. I admit I’m old but it used to mean something. For decades though personal responsibility has gradually eroded to the point everyone’s a victim … except the cops.
You’re giving cops far too much credit. There are very few professions that play the victim card more

ElephantStomp

Bama Club
That is in any state as far as I know. Courts have also ruled that they can require you to use your fingerprint to unlock your phone when they request it but not make you reveal or enter your pin. So reboot your phone if you get pulled over so that it requires your pin number. Some of that only applies after arrest though.
We cannot require a fingerprint for your phone without a warrant, at least in the jurisdiction I’m in, but I’m not a detective, so I’d never even worry about seeing somebody’s phone.

TerryP

Misomaniac
Ivory Club
Caffeine in it's pure form is deadly and illegal to posses, buy or distribute. Class A controlled substance I think?
It's not a controlled substance though some have pushed for it to be labeled as such.

The FDA has ruled some of the dietary supplements are against the law.

rocknthefreeworld

Century Club
Do you know of any place, otc or at any pharmacy, where pure caffeine can be purchased?
Bulk caffeine powders and liquids are banned by the FDA due to overdose possibility (2018). I assume when you speak of pure caffeine that is what you mean. YOu can though buy pills like Nutricost that are pure caffeine and an inert agent like rice flour that allows for pill formation.

Top Bottom